Film rights for Metro 2033 have been acquired

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by rolfwar, Sep 14, 2012.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I watched the movie, The Road, first and then read the book months later; and they were exactly the same -words spoken by the characters, atmosphere, scenes, and the attention to minor detail. Another good candidate would be the guy who directed Watchmen. Even though it's not of the post-apocalyptic genre, he still captured the story and details presented in the comic book -again, word for word, page per page- and I think he could do it, just as well, with Metro 2033.

And holly crap! That Mikkelsen guy does have a facial resemblance of Khan! :eek:
    [​IMG]

2. Veniathan

Veniathan New Member

Here is hoping that this won't be a Hollywood flick with superduper massive American accents and not a single trace of Russian.

3. Arvis

Arvis Member

I know I'm late but this is amazing! I would like to see the film and read the books too to know every single detail about the story. Is there any news about release date? If it will actually release.

4. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

This could be pretty cool but sadly movie rights for games are acquired all the time and barely anything comes of it half the time. I don't mean to sound negative, I'm hoping for the best I just hate to be disappointed. Remember the Halo film? Half life film? It seems the best story-wise franchises rarely get picked for a movie treatment. When they do they are half assed .

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I never thought a Half-life film or a Halo film would be that good; so I'm actually glad they were never made. Metro 2033 though, that's one that I imagine having a good cinematic experience; especially if Dmitry Glukhovsky lends a hand i produce it (which, apparently, he will).

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

it's also hopefully based on the book, not the game. While the game was great and all, being an shooter, artyom kills a lot of people. In the book though, artyom has a killcount of below ten from what I remember so I hope they follow more the tone of the book as how artyom isn't really the protagonist but rather an inexperienced, young man who has been chosen by the dark ones and clumsily goes from one scenario to the next, only saved by the dark ones manipulation of others

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

8. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

They should hire Russian actors or it wouldn't have the same feel.