FFXIV Community

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV & FFXI' started by llllllllllllllllllll, Mar 3, 2014.

1. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

I really want to enjoy FFXIV, but unfortunately the community in-game seem to be the most anti-social of all MMORPG's (and I have played many). It isn't so much rudeness but more a lack of communication! I'm now lvl 16 and once seen anybody talk beyond the occasional ad....Nobody answers questions, nobody offers help, nobody assists in kills despite the fact it would benefit them to and generally it gives an isolated feel for new players.

Perhaps I am simply unlucky on my server... but the lack of a community feel really doesn't inspire me to invest further money which is a shame because it has so much potential.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

What community. There isn't one on 14. It's why I don't play it and continue to play FFXI.

3. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Already level 28 and only have 5 buddies on my friend list, most of which aren't even online on a regular basis and only plays on weekends.

[​IMG]

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

That's pretty much everybody in that game. You have to reach out to other people outside the game to really get a hold of anybody.

5. Jaya

Jaya Active Member

So true. It seems like everyone is in the same place with this. I'm a lvl 30 and I only have a few people in my buddies. Add scheduling to that and I never get to hang out with anyone online. It's a bummer...

6. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah that happens a lot sometimes. Many just do not talk, they would rather play the game alone. I think that it would be fun to play with others, but many just stay within their own clicks. Some actually only play with their friends.

7. AthenaEntendu

AthenaEntendu Member

This makes me really sad to hear :( My husband and I have both been playing FFXIV for a few years now (since before 2.0) and we have a really great group of people that we have been playing with almost since we first started. My husband was out leveling and he met 2 players who were in the same group and they helped him get some levels in (power leveling was pretty common at that point). We started running dungeons with them and after they had decided that we weren't jerks they invited us to their group as well. There are a lot of really great people out there to play with, but the main problem is that there are also a lot of people who aren't so nice. Our Free Company actually had an incident not so very long ago where two people that we had brought into our group were cheating on one of the endgame dungeons. I guess some groups would be okay with allowing that to continue, but we asked them to leave not only the raid group, but also our Free Company. We then found out that we were lucky because the last group they had been with, they raided their Company Chest and took a lot of expensive stuff. We have a great group, and not everyone in our group gets along with each other all the time, but we are able to handle it in a mature way and our Free Company officers are always great about helping to defuse a bad situation. We welcome pretty anyone to our group if they are serious about playing (even if it's just playing to have fun and not raid the high level stuff). And we are always, always, always up for helping new players learn the ropes. The problem for us is that there is nothing to tell us if someone is a new player, or just someone leveling a new job. A lot of veteran players don't want the help, they just want to do what they do (especially if they are farming items, some of them consider it rude to try to help them because they don't always see it as help). My advice for new players is to go to a Grand Company headquarters and visit the NPC that will help hook you up with a Free Company. At the very least you will have a group to play with, and you can make connections through duties and Fates and may find that you want to switch to a different FC.

8. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

What server are you on? I'm on one of the most populated servers and there's always people around to talk with and make friends with. In the end though, if you're on one of the lesser/medium pop servers, it might be hard to find people, given how heavily instanced the game is with dungeons and what not.

9. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Yes there certainly is one. More of one then there ever was in FFXI.

10. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member
    Regular

I find that there is a nice community on Final Fantasy, however I guess that would depend on what server you play on. I am on Adamantoise and I see people playing at different times of days. My FC is pretty active as well, which also makes the game more fun. Depending on the time of day, and what day it is, there is stuff in Party finder for people to join.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I cannot really say that I am surprised to hear someone describe the community as anti-social, as I consider myself that and I love the game. I think you just have to keep trying and break though a proverbial mold and you will see a much larger and better community.

12. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is a server issue I guess cause I've not had that problem myself. This is actually the first time I'm running into this issue cause I've always assumed every server is the same.

13. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have experienced this issue previously, hope it's resolved.

14. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

FFIX definitely is one of the best games one can enjoy playing.

15. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

You are absolutely right about this, if there is game I've enjoyed playing from the Final Fantasy series then it has to be FFXIV

16. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with that from The Final Fantasy series, FFIX stood up the mos for me

17. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

True, I think it has to be the best game of all.

18. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

A good number of us like them.

19. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

I see.

20. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely.