Quantcast

Favorite Tom Clancy Game?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 5, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

This is only related to The Division rather than focused upon it. What's your favorite Tom Clancy game of all time? I'd have to go with the original Ghost Recon, GRAW 2, Future Soldier, or maybe New Vegas 2. I really can't decide on a single game.

2. Neddison

Neddison New Member

I also would have to say Future Soldier honestly! I really love the graphics and details in that game so much! Also it's just fun with friends around as well. My friends and I will all just sit around and take turns playing because if we played all together we would end up arguing and fighting lol.

3. I have to agree with both of you, Future Soldier holds a special place in my heart. The graphics were great. The story was good. It was an overall enjoyable experience.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

My favourite Tom Clancy's games are the first Rainbow Six games. So many tactics, ways to approach a mission, squad management, weapon management. I love all that stuff. It's a bit disappointing that Siege is more like a Counter Strike game, but it looks cool nonetheless.

5. umizi

umizi New Member

I'm a personal fan of the Splinter Cell series. The stealth part definitely adds a more challenging and interesting twist, since not only do you have to beat the game's AI, you also have to outsmart them at the same time. The games definitely left my heart racing, as I had a lot of freedom to make choices and felt like each of the choices had an impact. Not only that, but the NPC's would react in different ways to my actions, which forced me to think and plan out my actions, whereas in typical hack-and-slash games, I would usually just dive right in.

Ishmael likes this.
  6. Ishmael

I agree with umizi, and Splinter Cell is a close second for me. It's a great series with more ups than downs, and there's really nothing like it. Someone might say that Metal Gear Solid is similar but Splinter Cell is more focused on realism and it's way more hardcore. I hope they're making a sequel.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Maybe the Rainbow Six series and Splinter Cell. The latter is really awesome and I enjoyed my time playing it, I needed a lot of time to finish it.

8. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Do you mean to say that Metal Gear Solid isn't realistic? Pshaw. I thought Revolver Ocelot's possessed hand was a masterstroke of medical accuracy. Also, psychics and giant robots.

I'll go with Chaos Theory. Sam Fisher is one of the consummate stealth semi-heroes, and I do love me some stealth games.

9. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

I loved Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2, I owned it originally on my PS3, and my friend used to come over and we'd play splitscreen all day and it was so much fun! I recently bought i on PC and iv'e been playing it with another friend online.

10. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Splinter Cell was the first Tom Clancy game I ever played, and it remains my favorite Tom Clancy series to this day. I absolutely love stealth games, and Splinter Cell is one of the best I've ever played.

11. SinisterSpydio

OH I FORGOT ABOUT SPLINTER CELL! It was my first Tom Clancy game too! I didn't get too far through it though, XD.

I still stand on my point of RSV2 as my fav though.

12. Ishmael

My understanding from reading this thread is that Ubisoft should definitely consider making a new Splinter Cell game. There's a thirst to be sated here. :p

13. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with @Ishmael , it looks like I need to catch up on Splinter Cell since most people consider it their favourite Tom Clancy game. Honestly, I don't really have a favourite since I've dabbled in a lot of the ones mentioned here, but never sat down and played one straight through. I'm thinking I need to give Splinter Cell another look judging by everyone's reaction. :)

14. Spectre456

Splinter Cell Blacklist is really good if you're turned off by out-dated graphics. That said, if you don't mind the graphics and somewhat clunky controls (by today's standards) you should definitely check out the older games, they're all pretty good.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  15. SinisterSpydio

I don't really like blacklist, but i like the original splinter cell

16. Spectre456

That's understandable, you can't like every game in the series. Blacklist is definitely not the best, but it is a good game in my opinion.

17. Cyborg Superman

Thanks for the recommendation @Spectre456 , I actually bought Blacklist a long time ago on a Steam sale so I'll check that one out first! I don't necessarily mind dated graphics, but you know, I do also enjoy my game looking pretty. ;)

18. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Future soldier!

19. Ishmael

Hey, what you mean by dated graphics? :p Blacklist is like 2 to 3 years old, it still looks really nice. :D

20. Cyborg Superman

I know, that's why this is the one I would chose to play before the older ones, because I was looking for something that still looks pretty. Since Blacklist came out in 2013 I know that the graphics won't be as dated as say, Double Agent or Chaos Theory.