Favorite time-wasters?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by FuZyOn, Aug 10, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

You know, the games you quickly play for 5-10 minutes as a way to make time pass faster. I'd add GYRO and aa. to this list, both pretty good games for this "genre".

2. phenox1707

phenox1707 New Member

Tap Titans was a pretty good one. Right now, I'm playing Ascension, a deck-building card game. That, and Fallout: Shelter was fun while I wasn't bored of waiting.

3. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fallout: Shelter can be a fun time-waster while you are waiting for something else (*cough*Fallout 4*cough*) although, I heard it gets old pretty fast.
    I am not really into mobile gaming so I can't recommend much, but Final Fantasy record keeper is also quite fun if you are into the FF games!

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I heard about Fallout: Shelter from my friends and I think it's a pretty cool game. Didn't get a chance to try it out yet, but from the pictures it seems great.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I kinda like Fruit Ninja, but I'm always worried that I'll mess up my screen since I rub at it constantly to increase my points. Plus it's fun seeing people trying to peek over my shoulder to see why I'm constantly poking at my phone.

6. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

It does seem really cool on paper, but I've found that it's kind of overly complicated. There's a lot to keep track of. If you like that sort of thing, then it's perfect. I just think it's a little...busy. It also crashes like crazy on my iPad 2.

7. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

Plague Inc is a huge time waster. I usually have to play it to completion whenever I start playing. It's addictive seeing all the countries turn red and your efforts rewarded. I've only played the free version so I can't fast forward but I guess that would be really useful. :p

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I tried it out and it's okay, nothing too amazing. I mostly play it when I'm in the bathroom or waiting for something/someone, so I don't mind the grind part of it.

9. SereneAngel88

Regular

Oh, that's also a game I really like! My favorite part is naming the virus something weird and having it kill the world. I think I named one of my diseases "illiteracy" or something like it:p

10. atlantasports

atlantasports Well-Known Member

My history teacher put me on to Plague Inc. haha. I actually love that game. I always try to infect Brazil first for some reason.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to play Plague Inc. too but I was really bad at it. Even at the lowest difficulty I was failing to kill the whole world before the cure was out. It's pretty fun though.

12. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hearthstone Hearthstone Hearthstone Hearthstone. It probably doesn't normally qualify as a time waster, but it's the only 'mobile' game I play, and I can finish a match in five to ten minutes. Love that game to death.

Fallout Shelter would potentially be here instead, but my iPad is of the older variety, and after the first few days Shelter started to crash incessantly. Gave up on it.

13. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha that's a cool history teacher. :p I usually go for Madagascar or Greenland first because it's difficult to infect them later on.

14. atlantasports

She was definitely an odd one, but her class was entertaining haha. I tried Madagascar but I couldn't ever succeed.

15. atlantasports

It takes some time to get used to. It is mostly a timing based game. You have to do certain things at the right time.

16. atlantasports

I named it after one of my siblings. I always do crap like that whenever I play that game haha.

17. atlantasports

If you own an Xbox, it is so much fun to play that on. It's more fun than the mobile app, in my opinion.

18. SereneAngel88

Regular

True, but I usually play on my phone when I have to be somewhere I would rather avoid and it keeps me from snapping and being on the news for going postal. I really should look into getting a screen protector or something.

19. SereneAngel88

Regular

I named diseases after my entire family, though It wasn't as fun as seeing the world come to an end because of my "queef" virus. I'd name some more but it would be politically incorrect to do so:p

20. atlantasports

Haha that's hilarious! I did "herpes" once.