Quantcast

Favorite RPG soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by William Quah, Jan 29, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I like the soundtrack to the first Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X2. But I prefer the Japanese version of the X2 songs by Koda Kumi. I kind of enjoyed the instrumental soundtrack for Star Ocean :Till the End of Time.

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

Final Fantasy has some amazing music! Dark Souls also has great music, along with Skyrim and Fallout 3!

3. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

My no.1 favorite are probably the calm yet haunting sounds from Ib, while my other favorites are probably the soundtracks from Kingdom Hearts or Okage: Shadow King (Boku to Mao) for similar reasons. Also, Legend Of Zelda's Majora Mask has lots of haunting melodies that I enjoy too.

4. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I love the music in pretty much all the final fantasy games, but my favorite RPG soundtrack would have to be OST for Xenoblade Chronicles, each song is just an incredible, memorable piece of music.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I really liked the opening theme of the original Guild Wars. Reign of the Septims from Oblivion and Easthaven in Peace from Icewind Dale.

6. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know if this is an rpg game or not but I like the sound track of butter building in Kirby's Adventures.

7. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know about you but i really fell in love with Final Fantasy soundtrack. I think they have the best soundtracks ever, at least that's my opinion. :p

8. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy X, I still listen to Zanarkand sometimes.

9. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

I'm a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. (I mean, naturally I love the Disney remixes that are thrown in) but even the new stuff just for the game is gorgeous. And who hasn't obsessed over "Simple And Clean" for at least a brief time in their life? It's a beautiful song, and even the start menu music is absolutely stunning and totally recognizable.

10. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

Not necessarily an RPG soundtrack, but the WoW soundtracks are some of my favorites.

11. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I really love the opening theme in every Elder Scrolls games but my favorite by far is in Skyrim. The idea of a barbaric choir singing in dragon language in tune with the Elder Scrolls theme is really cool. It really gives you the feel of the game as a whole.

12. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

Deus Ex 1 has my favorite soundtrack. I don't think there is a track in it that I don't like.

13. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

Chrono Trigger. It's just a fantastic soundtrack and it's good to listen to when studying.

14. p4lse

p4lse Active Member Regular

There is no contest. Zelda:Ocarina of Time had the best possible soundtrack in my humble opinion. The game had everything, it had the perfect soundtrack and it complemented so much to the game.

15. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Deus Ex, hands down. And I'm talking about the first game, not Human Revolution (though I did like the music in that game as well) I love all of the music in that game, but my favorite was the game's intro when it starts up, to the point where I had it as my ringtone for a while.

16. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

I find the Chrono Cross and FF9 soundtracks to be complete masterpieces and have some of the most soothing and melancholic music ever. Beautiful, haunting, and very inspiring. Incredible work really and hold out well on their own.

17. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

We have similar taste. I thought that music in HR was rather generic and boring myself but most people seem to like it.

18. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

Chrono Trigger soundtrack is the best in my opinion. Seiken Densetsu 3 and Tales of Phantasia had some real good tracks as well. Some of the Super Mario RPG's music is very good as well.

19. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member Regular

Any rock music soundtrack is my favorite.