Quantcast

Favorite RPG soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by William Quah, Jan 29, 2014.

1. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

What's your favorite RPG soundtrack. Mine is from Final Fantasy 8, the song Eyes on Me was sung by Faye Wong.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Thats a tough one their are so many great tracks in a lot of RPG games, but I will either go with Kingdom Hearts 1 or maybe Final Fantasy 12 I hated the game, but the soundtrack was well done.

3. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Hmm, I do agree that this is a tough one. That's why I would go with the first RPG that mesmerized me with its music. And that's FFVIII too.

It was the very first time that I heard such a nice song. There are others that are great too like Chrono Cross, Xenogears, FFIX, Rogue Galaxy, and Okami. But I'll stick with FFVIII.

4. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy 6 and 7 had fantastic music. I also liked Morrowind and Skyrim's music tracks.

5. MrFreshh

MrFreshh Well-Known Member

I thought the sound track for Mass Effect 3 was incredibly well done. I still listen to a lot of those songs from time to time. In my opinion that soundtrack would do really well on it's own. Another good soundtrack is Dragon Age Origins. That theme song is hauntingly beautiful.

6. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

I like the soundtrack from Final Fantasy 9. The Zelda soundtracks are pretty good too.

7. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

There are way too many excellent soundtracks out there, especially in RPGs, but I think I have to go with the soundtrack for Persona 4 Golden as my choice for favorite.

8. averycagle9595

averycagle9595 Active Member

Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Oblivion

9. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I LOVE FF8's soundtrack. That music still comes back into my head all the time.

10. huckfinn

huckfinn Active Member

I really like the Final Fantasy X soundtrack, especially Wandering Flame is really good. As I mentioned in another thread, I think it's a shame they chose to redo the soundtrack for the remastered version. I have to agree with the people mentioning Final Fantasy VIII as well, I think it's one of the best parts about the game even.

11. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Does it have to be a song (with lyrics) or does musical count? If musical soundtrack counts, then 'd have to go with this

12. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy 8 sure has an amazing soundtrack, some truly great tunes. Also... The Man With The Machine Gun! Yeeees!

13. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

I think I might have to go with Lunar 2 Eternal Blue soundtrack. There's just something about that game and the soundtrack that I really loved. It was a bit silly at times, but I ate it up. Of course you can't really go wrong with FF6 or Chrono Trigger.

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

That is pretty much the best battle theme... ever. I swear.

15. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I too like Chrono Trigger's soundtracks a lot. Actually it's true that there are many great soundtracks but the FF8 song left an everlasting impression on me.

16. illusen

illusen Active Member

Dragon age Origins is one of my favorite and the one that comes to mind right now. I'm a huge Inon Zur fan (the composer) and I loved his work on this game. I think it captures the essence of it quite well. (Icewindale 2? )

Then again, the music in TES: Oblivion brings back so many memories that I am tempted to move it to 1st place.

So hard to decide!

17. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I love Inon Zur`s works as well. He and Jeremy Soule are my favorites. Soule also created the music for all Elder Scrolls games I think. Other great soundtracks are those from the Baldur`s Gate series and Planescape: Torment.

18. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

I love the soundtrack to the elder scrolls games as well as others have said. I find the music in TES games so soothing but epic at the same time. If I had to pick one game in particular it would be Oblivion.

19. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Well-Known Member

It's a tough choice between FFVI and Chrono Trigger. Both of those soundtracks are classics and very memorable. If I had to choose one though I think it would be Chrono Trigger.

20. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Chrono Trigger had a really really good soundtrack. So did Chrono Cross and FFIX, in my opinion.