Quantcast

Favorite mini game in Zelda?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by casiolol, Sep 27, 2013.

1. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Do you have a favorite mini game in the Zelda games? I think the mini games are a special part of this action RPG series. They provide a nice distraction from the main quest of the game. Is there any ini game in particular that stands out to you? Why?

2. Eva

Eva Active Member

For some reason, I spent a lot of time fishing in Ocarina of Time. It honestly wasn't even that fun, but I just remember spending hours doing it. I really enjoyed the "nightlife" in Hyrule Castle as well. Not just playing the mini games, but making a game out of befriending a stray dog or two.

3. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

I actually spent a lot of time on the fishing mini-game too. I can't remember which Zelda this mini game was from but do you remember digging up the graveyard or some grassy area with your shovel area for jewels? I remember doing that for what seemed like forever.

4. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

Yep, somehow this was really relaxing. It was like a peaceful place within a dangerous world. A place to take a break.

5. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

I had a lot of fun with the bombchu bowling alley in OOT. I got really good at that mini game I'd say :D .

6. TeHDruiD

TeHDruiD Member

YES! I was just about to say this. I enjoy most of the mini games found within all of the Zelda's, but their was just something about Bombchu Bowling that kept drawing me in. Trying to time up your release so the bomb would explode on the target was always a challenge and you had to do it within a time limit which added to the difficulty.

I also really enjoyed fishing on Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure if anyone else enjoyed this, but I found myself messing around in the lake quite a bit. I'll never forget the first time I hooked the guys hat and used it as a lure

7. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

The fishing mini game in Ocarina of Time is my favorite one. I do not like fishing games, but fishing in the pond at Lake Hylia was something special. I liked to spend some time, it was kind of relaxing.

8. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

To be honest I am not a big fan of mini games to me they get tedious really fast I usually do them once or a couple of times and that's it.

9. Scurventery

Scurventery Member

I always loved the Barrel Shoot mini-game on Spectacle Isle in Wind Waker. It seems like a lot of people miss this game, but it's a lot of fun trying to sink all the "pirates". Definitely spent hundreds of rupees on that one.

10. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Fishing in ocarina of time. It's nice to have something that you can do at your own pace, where's there's no time limit like most other mini games. And it's pretty fun as well! I get the biggest satisfaction ever when I broke the biggest fish record for a few times in a row to get a heart piece container :)

11. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

The fishing was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it in Twilight Princess and in OOT.

12. Robert2D

Robert2D Active Member Regular

Ocarina of Time!!