Quantcast

Favorite LoZ game?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by JimmyBean, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Rholm

Rholm Member

Personally, I'm in love with Minish Cap. The game has a childlike aura to it that makes you feel good to play it, while still containing all of the elements of a good Zelda game. The amount of time I invested into that game, and the replay-ability factor probably strongly contribute to my rating it the best Zelda game, though I do admit childhood bias from strong nostalgic emotion.

The keystones were an amazing addition to the game that made the entire environment feel very alive, and the interactions between certain items and objects or areas in the game added to that feeling. The story wasn't the most original, but it took a nice spin on the elements of the series and made them it's own. I would highly, highly recommend it.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game is amazing, I've played all of them but no one can beat Ocarina of Time.

3. LadyCygnet

LadyCygnet Member

My favorite is Ocarina of Time, and I don't think that will change anytime soon. The storyline, music, and setup for switching between items were all pretty good.

I recently dusted off my N64, cleaned my cartridge, and started up a new quest on Ocarina of Time. The magic was still there...but I forgot how annoying Navi is, especially when she won't target an enemy appropriately!

4. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

1. Link to the Past
    2. Original 2 for the NES (First Zelda, and then Link's Adventure)
    3. Ocarina of Time
    4. Majora's Mask
    5. Wind Waker
    6. Skyward sword
    7. Twilight Princess
    8. Handheld Zelda Versions, like the WindFish epic saga of win and fail.

5. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member Regular

My favorite Zelda game was the Minish cap. My friend in high school let me borrow it, and that happened to be my first Zelda game. At first some of the dungeons in that game were hard, but after going through the game once, I found that it was really easy. I also liked the Phantom Hourglass. I loved playing the minigames with my friends on that game.

6. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I LOVED Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. I spent so many hours as a young kid trying to piece together the difficult puzzles, get to know the amazing characters, and make my way through all the temples. I have yet to find everything and do every single task in the game.

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Rearranging spots.

1. First two Zelda Games
    2. Link to the Past
    3. Ocarina of Time
    4. Majora's Mask
    5. Skyward Sword
    6. Wind Waker
    7. Twilight Princess
    8.Handheld Versions.

Skyward Jumped after I played it again on Hero Mode. It's actually very well designed and I love the gadget for the swinging of the remote for the sword and the nunchuk for a shield. It just feels and plays awesome.

Also played the first two originals and I just can't beat them with the newer modern ones, no matter how well designed they are (like Link to the Past) and I hate to swap spots there.

8. Gilbert

Gilbert New Member

Now this is a toughie. Plot-wise I guess I'd choose Ocarina of Time. But the first I ever played were LoZ:Oracle of Ages/Seasons. I know they're not that famous compared to the other games, but that's how I got hooked! Nayru, Din and Farore in 8-bit bring so much nostalgia to me... All GB/GBA/DS LoZ games are perfect in my opinion. The rest I either never played or played once.

9. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

My favorite LoZ game would have to be Ocarina of Time.

10. lunaticred

lunaticred Member

While I have only played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (currently playing MM for 3DS), I can say that TP was my favorite. There was so much to take in about this game. The intricate graphics, interactive gameplay (on the wii), and the fun bosses of course. I realize that TP isn't that difficult, but I found it to be more challenging than Skyward Sword.

11. lunaticred

lunaticred Member

While I have only played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (currently playing MM for 3DS), I can say that TP was my favorite. There was so much to take in about this game. The intricate graphics, interactive gameplay (on the wii), and the fun bosses of course. I realize that TP isn't that difficult, but I found it to be more challenging than Skyward Sword.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

It's cliche, but I'm gonna say it's Ocarina of time. I've beaten that game so many times over the years, and I'm sure I'll beat it many more. It's just such an amazing game that aged so well.

13. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

That's a hard one. I'm going to have a pretty weird list, I think:
    1. Wind Waker
    2. Minish Cap
    3. Majora's Mask
    4. Ocarina of Time
    The others are too difficult to rank, haha. They're all pretty close after these four. Wind Waker is my favorite, which I think may be an unpopular opinion. I just LOVE the art style and colors of the whole thing. The original graphics still stand on their own today. Also, very memorable characters. I love Tetra.

14. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Link has to probably be my favorite. It was a side scrolling game, and it was pretty difficult. I can't say that I actually beat that game when I was a kid. The graphics weren't the greatest, but I liked the challenge of it.