Quantcast

Favorite Fallout 4 Companion

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by flickerthestar, Dec 3, 2015.

1. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

So far I've grown rather attached to Curie as a companion. Alot of people prefer Piper or Strong. Curie being a robot, feels the most human of all characters and has a really interesting and rewarding companion quest. Who do you guys travel the Commonwealth with?

2. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I like Dogmeat, but he's unfortunately pretty useless in combat.

3. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

I like Dogmeat solely because he's a dog. Nick Valentine is awesome though. He's not only a badass computer geek but also has an interesting story as an Institute outcast and has some witty commentary.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I love Dogmeat! I also really love Nick Valentine!

5. Melbert

Melbert Member

Just like many others here I like Dogmeat and Nick Valentine. Dogmeat doesn't judge you, he's the least annoying of them all and he's great for carrying stuff. Nick is pretty awesome overall, he's an interesting character with a good story and he has good dialogue. The added benefit is that he can open terminals which used to be very useful for me (I'm more of a lockpicking guy). Codsworth can be very funny and quite useful in combat, though not my favorite I do use him sometimes.

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Either Piper or Curie, probably. They are funny and cute. :p Curie is especially funny because she's oblivious to everything. :D

7. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I'm gonna go with Dogmeat, but just purely because he reminds of a neighbor's dog when I was a kid. They were old and they'd constantly let me come to their yard and play. Ah, 90s, when you could let your children go into neighbor's yard to play with their dog.

8. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Just running around in general I prefer Nick or Dogmeat. Nick is perhaps the single most interesting of the companions, and Dogmeat doesn't get in trouble quite as often as everyone else, mainly because he doesn't have a gun and is less prone to jumping straight into trouble. I have issues with Dogmeat whenever I get near traps I haven't otherwise noticed, though.

I also like nabbing Danse whenever I'm headed into a warzone with power armor. Fights feel pretty epic when two of you are blasting away at a huge mob of super mutants with laser weapons. Particularly if the Brotherhood of Steel decides to show up in the middle of the fight and join the fun.

9. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

Dogmeat all the way. Not only because having your best friend accompany you throughout the wasteland is awesome but also because he doesn't judge you for every decision you make! So what if I want to collect useless stuff...

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I really wanted to like Dogmeat, but he just clips through everything in the game and the things he does are not very useful. I'd rather have a character that is good at hacking or picklocking than someone who looks for stuff around an environment that I have to explore anyways. And I actually like characters who judge your way of playing, it gives them a little bit more of personality. :p

11. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Either Nick or Piper. I really love Nick, and wish he could be a romance option. Smooth-talking synth detective. Ridiculous, but it works. I also like Piper a lot, because I play a more charismatic, neutral good character. It makes sense for her and my character to be good friends. I think she's my favorite available romance option at the moment, too.

12. SLTE

I don't mind the judgements when they're rendered during actual choices, but the other characters really do get on my nerves when they sarcastically comment on every fifth or sixth piece of junk I decide to collect. Especially when it's Preston who does it. You want me to improve your stupid settlements? Then get off my case, dude. I need this lamp. Grumble grumble.

13. Alaire

Alaire Member Regular

Let's make that a +1 to the Nick Valentine fan club.

Ohhh my goodness what a charming man. Synth. Whatever. You know what I meant.

He got along so well with the female character I made for my first playthrough. Getting by on her intelligence, picking up Science and computers and whatnot, and she always had that perfect amount of compassion that Nick seemed to like at every turn. Would have been a great love story if, you know, Nick was romance-able.

But I think that only adds to his appeal a little more, right? The man/synth we can't have? We learn that he had a fiancée all those years ago and therefore he had a heart, but we've also seen that with that lady in the Memory Den, with Magnolia, with Nora, that he's still a capable charming flirt. And the friendship we can build with him, after all we've been through, is probably something more solid than anything else.

But I digress. :p

I am hoping that the other companions are alike in the fact that just when you think you've heard every possible line, there's something they say that throws you off-guard. I think I had taken Nick along for days when he said something like, "There must be something around here, at least some hooch" and I just burst out laughing.

14. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I'm wondering if Nick is supposed to have some kind of romance with his secretary. I think it was definitely at least implied that she had feelings for him in an Unlikely Valentine. (Then again...what red-blooded female wouldn't?)

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I like Dogmeat, he's been through a lot with my hectic gameplay, haha! :D

16. SLTE

Even if he didn't have an official romance, I think casual workplace flirting fits into the noir detective trope surrounding his character too well for a bit of heat not to exist. Though Nick strikes me as the kind of dude who wouldn't commit himself completely to a single person anyway, even if he was human, because his first love is the community itself.

What a man. Slash robot.

17. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

Nick Valentine is my pick. I love the noir stylings of his dialogue and his companion mission is fairly interesting. I honestly didn't find too many other companions that engaging.

18. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I LOVE having Nick Valentine as my companion. He has his witty dialogue, great in battle, and is constantly wanting to engage or feel engaging to me. I hardly ever work with anyone else but him.

19. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member Regular

I'm gonna go with dogmeat or Curie I think, they're adorable!