Favorite Expansion?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by AlecD, Feb 6, 2014.

1. AlecD

AlecD Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    Just wondering what everyone's favorite expansion was for this "Once-great" game. By the way, I hope you all know that the only correct answer would be Burning Crusade. Everything just worked so much more smoothly. Or maybe I'm just biased. Who knows, argue with me, prove me wrong. Haha.

2. Cytomat

Cytomat Active Member

I started playing in WoTLK, but I have played through Vanilla and BC content extensively. I've found that there is no "best" expansion. They all have pros and cons for different reasons. I've liked every expansion I've played in, just for different reasons than others.

3. Mabushaw

Mabushaw Active Member

WoTLK was by far and away the best expansion and has really left the others lying in a shame pool somewhere. ICC for me has to be one of th best raids in the game. The storyline along with it really added to the success of it after BC.

4. huckfinn

huckfinn Active Member

I have to agree with The Burning Crusade being the best expansion to World of Warcraft, just because of the ridiculous amount of content it gave us. Just looking at raids, The Burning Crusade introduced Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul, Magtheridon, Serpentshrine Caverns, Tempest Keep, Black Temple, Battle for Mount Hyjal and Sunwell Plateau. It was also very exciting to finally be able to go through the Dark Portal and visit Outland, since it's such an important place in the Warcraft games.

5. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed WotLK. The lore surrounding Arthas has always been my favorite in the WoW universe so it was pretty awesome to have an entire expansion about him. My second favorite expansion would have to be BC. It had a lot of really good raids and it was pretty sweet getting my first flying mount.

6. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

BC was the best, but my favorite times in the game were definitely during Vanilla. The game was 100% FLAWLESS then. I miss it soooo damn much.

7. AlecD

AlecD Well-Known Member

I never had the pleasure of playing vanilla, so I can't really voice an opinion on that, but WotLK to me just felt like it was thrown together in a hurry.

8. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

I actually liked WotLK the most. I played Warcraft III before and it also had a lich king. So I new what was coming and that it would be great.

9. Cytomat

Cytomat Active Member

It seems that a lot of people like WoTLK the most, and I'm wondering why. All the expansions had lore from Warcraft 3, so what makes WoTLK the best?

10. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

The Burning Crusade without a doubt was the best. All the raids were amazing, the whole continent was amazing, PvP was simply great and really enjoyable and more importantly quite balanced compared to now. Gear was fairly good-looking. A lot of rare mounts that you could farm...
    Damn just remembering it and it makes me happy :p

11. FunnY

FunnY Member

Indeed, WOTLK was the best. I was a level 80 Paladin with full PvP build.

12. dansmith

dansmith Active Member

BC was really good, and I enjoyed it because the dungeons were not as easy as the newer ones are, you actually had to use tactics, verses tanknspank which is what the newer ones have all turned into for the most part. I will say though that my favorite expansion is Lich King because of the lore and that I do like Arthas. I'm not a huge fan of lore, but in Lich King I had to make an exception, and I just don't think the following expansions had the great lore of Lich King.

13. thejamal

thejamal Well-Known Member

I loved BC. It really felt like the perfect balance for hardcore and casual players. Vanilla was sort of impossible to get geared without being a serious hardcore player. BC fixed that. The raids were all really unique and original. PVP was as balanced as it ever was in the 8 years of the game.

Hopefully, with the dialing back of gear+abilities in WoD, we can get back to some of that BC gameplay

14. Bellendor

Bellendor Member

Definitely Burning Crusade. It was most balanced, lore wasn't destroyed, and everything was perfect. Wrath of the Lich King is what destroyed the game for me. It got out of balance so hard.

15. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

My favorite expansion to the game is Mists of Pandaria. Of course, this is heavily tied into the fact that it involves playable fighting pandas and the introduction of the monk class into the game.

16. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with you that Burning Crusade is one of the best, if not the best expansion for World of Warcraft. It's definitely my favorite as well, simply because of how much fun I had when it came out.

17. Nate5

Nate5 Member

I also liked the Mists of Pandaria expansion. For some reason, I'm partial to monks no matter which game it is. Guess it's just because I'm generally a peaceful person in real life, and I like to apply myself in my games. Also, fighting pandas.

18. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't see why the answer wouldn't be Burning Crusade. ;] I spent a lot of time with that expansion, and it was challenging enough compared to what you experience today. There are a handful of other great expansions worth some consideration, though.

19. ImMrCuriosity

ImMrCuriosity Member

For me it's Burning Crusade. A new stage and the use for the first time of flying mounts (I entered at the end of this expansion so I don't know pretty much about it). But that is what I liked the most!

20. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've played some in Vanilla, BC and Wrath, but at the time was a solo player and couldn't really get into the game because of that. In Cata I found a great group of people to play with and because of that, Cata to me has become the best expansion in my opinion. MoP was something I solo'd through because my core group quit because they weren't interested in the expansion. I honestly wasn't into it either but played it for continuity's sake.