Favorite Companions

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by SereneAngel88, Aug 1, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I decide to take on companions, I always go with Dogmeat and Fawkes as my backup gang. One's a giant green badass that can tear through most enemies and the other's an adorable bundle of fur that finds stuff for me. I tried to use the others, but I didn't have the same dynamics with them as I did for these two.

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I loved Dogmeat! I'm not a big companion person, but I always loved having Dogmeat around.

3. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fawkes or Boone for me, they are both just the definition of Badass!

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I make sure to try out all of the companions, and I have yet to find one that I want to stick around for more than a few hours. I just prefer going through the Wasteland by myself. Sometimes the companions just get in the way, which is obviously annoying.

5. SereneAngel88

Regular

That's true too since I like running around without having to worry about having to heal anyone besides me. However, I don't have to worry about Fawkes or Dogmeat dying on me since They practically become invincible thanks to Broken Steel. So long as I recruit them as soon as I hit level 30, their health has scaled to where both of them can take a nuke to the face and nothing happens. This is one of the bugs (at least I think it is) that makes the two invaluable, especially Fawkes with his laser gun.

6. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I also vote dogmeat! Having a dog at your side livens up the otherwise dead and empty wasteland quite a bit, even though I was scared he would get killed so I didn't use him for combat all that much.

I think there was a park that allowed you to get another Dogmeat after the first one died, but I don't think I ever used it as mine never died.

7. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

Fawkes! I'm a practical person and I like firepower, so the happy, chatty mutant it is. It gets to the point where Fawkes just kills everything and I don't really do much, but he's always entertaining, so no complaints here. I sometimes take Dogmeat as well, but Dogmeat tends to die for me.

8. SereneAngel88

Regular

As long as you get the Puppies perk (provided you have Broken Steel), he'll be reborn and waiting for you in front of Vault 101 so you never have to worry about him being gone for good. Then again, since I have Fawkes with us, me and Dogmeat never really get attacked since he just guns them all down like a boss:cool:

9. nwalker85

nwalker85 Member

Fawkes and Dogmeat were my choices as well! Dogmeat was great because you could send him out to fetch items, and Fawkes was just a big bullet sponge. What more could you ask for?

10. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

I have an issue with my companions taking dirt naps, a lot. I have no idea why, guess I shouldn't let them take on too much.

11. malarieours

malarieours Member

I really like having Dogmeat, like pretty much everyone else had said! Sometimes Fawkes gets annoying though :( Is that just me?

12. muffinman19981998

I actually liked Fawkes, maybe thats just me though :p

Like most others said though, Dogmeat is the one I kept around most. I liked that he could fetch items for you.

13. derbestrafer

derbestrafer New Member

I played like 40 hrs of Fallout 3, but i still dont know how to get the dog as companion. How do you actually do that?.

I only got Fawkes, it was a great companion when tons of enemies appeared

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really like Fawkes since it was the best from my companions, but I really don't mind Dogmeat. Fawkes was good when a lot of enemies appeared, as derbestrafer said.

15. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

I have completely forgotten who the companions were in this game other than Dogmeat. I'm pretty sure I took Dogmeat with me but usually that was all. I like to transverse the DC Wasteland alone. New Vegas was different for me.

16. GingerLee

GingerLee Member

Fawkes and Dogmeat are definitely my go-to, but when I for some reason lost Fawkes (I later found him in The Underworld) Star Paladin Cross was a good stand-in until I eventually found him.

17. SereneAngel88

Regular

Seriously? He's at the Scrap Yard, which is south of Minefield and you'll find him fighting a couple of raiders after you search around for a bit. If you do want him, I suggest waiting until you get Broken Steel and be at around level 28 or so since there's a glitch that gives Dogmeat a crazy amount of HP to where he can take a Fatman to the face and not flinch. This also works for Fawkes as well and when I did it, I never had to heal them since buy the time we ended I fight, they were almost healed fully.

18. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Game is funky without campaigns.

19. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fawkes was the funniest for sure. He was great and very useful. The first time I played through the game he was the only companion I've had unlocked. It was very weird. After that first playthrough I discovered the others, but Fawkes remained as the best one to me.

20. SereneAngel88

Regular

Well, it doesn't hurt that he has what amounts to a laser Gatling gun that mows through most enemies and is pretty much immortal thanks to the glitch I talked about earlier involving Broken Steel and getting him at a later level close to 30.