Fallout 4 specs (plus other things!)

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by MikeyPaine, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaine Member

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is actually.. quite reasonable. I might be able to play it 1080p 60fps on high but I don't think I can push for Ultra on my current rig, though that won't be a problem.

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't plan on playing PC either, but this will be very helpful for people.

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm surprised. My computer could run it. I'll still get it for something else, but it's kinda nice to see that Bethesda's not going absolutely nuts on the specs. Though... the thought of downloading so much in one go makes my bandwidth quiver... maaaaybe I'll buy in stores, if the console release is going to be roughly the same size.

5. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member
    Regular

I built my new rig with games like FO4 in mind :') I'm excited for the game! My specs are kind of hardcore now that I look at it, but I'm happy with the build

6. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I knew my computer wouldn't be able to run it, but I checked just out of curiosity. The requirements don't seem as bad as I thought they would be, honestly.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

They're decent. Usually PC requirements are exaggerated, so I think this game will run fine on many machines.

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hope the game will run on 4 gigs of RAM as well. I think 8 gigs as minimum is a bit high. Even The Witcher 3 runs decent on 4 gigs of RAM.

9. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, this is actually a lot more than I thought. I'm getting a new rig around Christmas, but I don't think I'll be able to run game on high and that's a shame. Well, I don't care about the looks of the game anyway, as long as it plays fine, I'll be fine.

10. Rhygez

Rhygez Member

I have bought the game for PC but really, I was expecting a bit more off an AAA game but at least it has nice mechanics. I just think it is a bit resource intensive for such graphics but oh well.
    I like everything else (as far as I am progressing) except the perk tree, just doesn't fit at all and I would like a better scrolling down way because sometimes while going down with the mouse and on windowed mouse, it gets hard.

11. Chris_A

Regular

I`m totally satisfied with the specs to be honest. It runs perfectly well on a core 2 quad with 4 gigs of ram on medium settings. I think they used a revamped Skyrim engine for Fallout 4, and it does not really have such high requirements as stated in the official requirements for the game. But it looks beautiful nevertheless.

12. Rhygez

Rhygez Member

I can run on high settings my from my point of view I don't think it should be resource intensive to the game it is, but nothing against it of course. And yes they are using the same engine which is Unreal Engine.

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

What ? No they aren't. They are using Creation engine, which is a modified Gamebryo engine.

36 people like this.
  14. Chris_A

Regular

Yes, it is indeed the Creation engine and not Unreal. But I think an older version of it was used to create Skyrim. Fallout 4 feels a lot like Skyrim in a post-apocalyptic setting.

15. Rhygez

Rhygez Member

Ok I did some research and that is true indeed, I may have a good excuse, I have been playing Mortal Kombat X which was made using Unreal Engine while playing Fallout 4 after it. I was always looking at the UE logo.

16. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Heh, just saw that they are equalizing GTX 550 TI and HD 7870.
    That's some (expected) heavy Nvidia favoritism. I'm sick of developers taking Nvidia's money and optimizing the game for GeForce cards instead of letting everyone play equally well. Especially when said developers have so much money that they can afford not to do this. Like greedy Bethesda.

17. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Before assuming that they got paid to do that, try at least to imagine why is the situation like that. It's not like it's the first time that this happens after all, are you implying that the majority of developers get paid by Nvidia to purposefully do that? :p

18. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes I do, and that's exactly what happens. Or at least they get paid to optimize for Nvidia which by itself pretty much means that the game is not going to run well on AMD hardware. Remember TR 2013 which was sponsored by AMD, and how badly that ran on Nvidia hardware at launch? That type of sh*t should be banned from the gaming industry but no one seems to care.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

As far as I'm concerned companies are ought to optimize their games for both sides of GPUs/CPUs, otherwise people are going to be mad -> bad reviews -> less sales -> bad reputation and no continuity. Getting paid to optimize for only one provider is shitty marketing, I don't know why a company would accept that.

20. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Money. The fact that they get away with it all the time. The fact that not a lot of gamers own AMD hardware these days.