Fallout 4 PC Pre-Order now available for a lower price online

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by FuZyOn, Aug 11, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

"Online retailer Greenman Gaming is currently offering Fallout 4 PC for a reduced price. While the store’s website shows the full price, it’s possible to pre-order the game for around $45 by using the following promo code at check-out: SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15. This deal may not be available for much longer so make sure to take advantage of it as soon as possible if you’re thinking about pre-ordering the PC version of Bethesda’s next big role playing game."

Full article: http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/08/11/fallout-4-pc-pre-order-now-available-for-a-reduced-price-online/

Pretty sweet from them, although you can get it on G2A for a lower price I think it's safer to use this promotional code.

#1 FuZyOn, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  2. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I will wait until the Christmas sale before I buy it. When Skyrim came out back in 2011, it was already on the sale next month. It will give them time to fix some of the bugs that will get into the release, and there will be many knowing Bethesda...

3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll pass. Greenman Gaming is nothing special, and I've had problems with the site in the past. I don't care about paying full price or not for Fallout 4. The game is probably going to be worth far more than $60 after all.

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

What problems did the site have? I'm just asking for future reference in case I decide to check out what they have.

5. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh nice not bad, I haven't checked but is this available to Canadians as well, if so I'll have to get it!

6. Snakevenom

Snakevenom Well-Known Member
    Regular

Even the lower price may not be enough to actually encourage me to pre-order. I've been burnt too many times by bad games which I pre-ordered. Everyone keeps saying that this game will be different but you never know these days. I'd rather wait for release, I don't mind paying a little extra.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup, better to be safe than sorry so don't worry about it. It's mostly just a big circlejerk of "ERMAHGERD this game is the best one created ever, everyone needs to pre-order it" and people jump on the hype train.

8. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

Thanks for the heads up, even tough I don't have a PC.
    Games these days seem to go on sale quickly, I've noticed. $60 is a lot of money. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and noticed many PS4 and Xbone games were selling for $40 already. Even ones that haven't been out for that long.

9. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's due to the fact that most people can't really afford to shell out $60 for a video game these days. I can't remember the last time I spent more than $40 on a game. PC games go on sale much steeper and much sooner than most console games, though I'm not sure exactly why. And Bethesda games in general typically have huge price drops a year or so after release. A year after it had come out, you could get Skyrim, brand new, for like $10 at Gamestop. It's crazy.

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is good to know, but I am not sure I am going to pre-order. I will wait for a few review to trickle in first, after the game launches. And even then, I am drawn to wait until I can get the game in a full GOTY package with all the DLCs included.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Bethesda reported the DLCs aren't a priority for them at the moment, so you might wait for that package a long time. :D Just giving you a heads up!

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I've never pre-ordered any games, and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. I'm going to wait for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and get it that way, or maybe even just shove it on my Christmas list. (Christmas lists are a way of making sure we're all getting each other something the other person wants in my family. It's pretty fool proof.)

13. Chris_A

Regular

Well, I`m sure they will be, once the game launches. Bethesda has a a track record will DLCs. Just check out those for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and even Skyrim. I can`t imagine a Bethesda game without a ton of overpriced DLCs. :D

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was basing my post off of what I read online, Bethesda are free to do what they want with the game, of course. :p And the DLC really seems overpriced, even though we don't know what it will offer.

15. Chris_A

Regular

Just remember the Horse Armor debacle that happened when they first released it, charging 5 dollars for 3 sets of armor for your horse. I think they learned from their mistake, though, as one of the best DLCs for Fallout 3 was Broken Steal, which actually saved the game by giving it a proper and nice ending.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's right, I'm sure the DLC will have a lot of interesting additions and features, I just hope it justifies the money spent so I can go ahead and buy it! :D

17. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not so much into PC as console, but this would still be cool because I'm a huge fan.

18. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I want to use Amazon so I can use my gift card balance to buy it. As of today, I can only pre-order Fallout 4 for PS4 on Amazon. The Xbox and PC versions are showing as not available. I hope the PC version becomes available soon so I can pre-order it. I want that peace of mind that I will receive the game on launch day.

19. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is more or less my opinion as well. I don't pre-order that often for a reason, because I always hear horror stories from my friends who grabbed games they thought would be awesome and regretted it a day later. The last was when one of them bought Aliens: Colonial Marines. Man, he was in a bad mood for a week after that.

I generally don't like pre-orders. I get why the system's in place, but too many companies use them as an excuse to wring extra dollars out of gamers which they really don't need. Bethesda's more trustworthy in this regard, but I'd rather not get a game and find out it's fundamentally broken on day one, even if it is a bit cheaper.

20. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is a free version too.
    I really don't like spending on games because I'm not that much into games. I only play them during leisure time.

Hova likes this.