Fallout 4 Mod Tools Releasing in Early 2016

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by Jessica Pipgrl, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I am a huge fan of mods, so I was excited to see this update regarding when mod tools will be made available for Fallout 4.

http://gamingbolt.com/fallout-4-mod-tools-releasing-in-early-2016

I thought this quote was interesting: “Once we get the creation kit out on PC, it’s then going to come to Xbox One.” Where is the love for PS4? I wonder if there is something about the Xbox platform that will make it easier to allow for mods.

What do you think of this news? Do you think that Bethesda should release the mod tools sooner? Is this kind of delay fairly standard in the industry?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the release date is reasonable, they need time to iron out the issues with the game before letting people mod it. I can't wait to see what the community comes up with, they always have a lot of innovative ideas!

36 people like this.
  3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

They should take a good amount of time to fine tune whatever bugs and glitches might still linger and make sure everything ends up compatible. I don't want them to rush out something that will cause problems as soon as it hits the player's hand.

36 people like this.
  4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I agree with everyone else. We all know what a disaster Unity was, seeing how rushed it was. Take the time to iron out bugs and glitches and it's all good. Modding can come AFTER the game itself is perfected.

36 people like this.
  5. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member
    Regular

They should not be releasing the tools until the game is perfect :p I'd rather have them focusing on making the base game perfect instead of having things that the not nice modders could exploit. Either way, that's a good time frame since I can enjoy the base game, then mod it to my hearts content :D

6. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm really glad they're releasing the mod tools. Mods add so much to a game and really make it last longer. I won't get the game for but I'm definitely bugging someone to let me try out mods.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm so looking forward to it. It's good that Bethesda is pushing mods this much, they know that mods are often a selling point for their games.

8. jeremiah villasenor

jeremiah villasenor New Member

im looking foward to this this will be awesome

9. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

It will be cool to see what the community will come up with, once the tools are released. If previous Fallout games are any measure, then I`m sure Fallout 4 will have a huge modding community as well.