Fallout 4 Director Talks New Perk System, What Bethesda Learned from Skryim’s Mistakes

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by Jessica Pipgrl, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I found this article that highlights how Fallout 4's perk system will work.

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/09/2...-what-bethesda-learned-from-skryims-mistakes/

I loved the perk system in Fallout 3, and I'm excited to hear that they have invested time in making this even more feature-rich. You will be able to see the perk in action before selecting it. That sounds incredibly fun to me.

I am a romantic at heart, so I was also thrilled to hear that you can fall in love in Fallout 4. You can choose from up to 12 different possible companions - or go solo, if that's more to your liking.

What do you think about these updates?

36 people like this.
  2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really like the perk system, it worked wonders in Fallout 3 and I'm glad they're improving it for Fallout 4. They've done a good job so far.

3. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

It sounds really interesting really. I just hope these perks will be more balanced than Skyrim. I remember picking the perks in the archery tree and my character was OP quite quickly. I certainly enjoyed one-hitting enemies while sneaking but it got repetitive.

As for the romance options, it's an interesting addition. I remember liking the characters they created in Fallout 3, so I hope they'll build on that and create fascinating backstories and dialogue options for interacting with them. Not to bash Skyrim or anything but getting married served no real purpose, so I hope romancing characters is more substantial this time around.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

It looks awesome! I can't wait to see how it all works in game.

5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It definitely seems like they have taken the perks and skills way farther in Fallout 4. You get a perk every time you level up and Todd says there's a 70 base perk and each one has ranks. so I wonder if you can max out your character or if you can just keep leveling up.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It definitely seems like they have taken the perks and skills way farther in Fallout 4. You get a perk every time you level up and Todd says there's a 70 base perk and each one has ranks. so I wonder if you can max out your character or if you can just keep leveling up.

7. Chuck_Garnsey

Chuck_Garnsey Member

I like the character romantic relationship aspect

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wait what? There's romance? This game's already turning out great. Can't come soon enough, seriously.

9. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Really? There are romance options in Fallout 4? That is really good to hear. I like that aspect in games that I play. Also, more perks is always a good thing.

10. charris89

charris89 New Member

This seems like it's going to be the best one yet. IT was already such a rich and rewarding game and I like the variety of companions too. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. Hurry up already!

11. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Isn't this the first time they seriously consider romance as a feature in their games? I mean sure, Skyrim (also made by Bethesda) had some kind of romance but it was very superficial. I'm very interested to see what they will do with it. Only two days!!!

12. Chris_A

Regular

I think it is the first time that they will incorporate a real romance system in the game. Until now, only Bioware did a good job at it. I`m curious what Bethesda will do. :D

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hopefully there will be no more useless perks. Skyrim and Fallout 3 both had a few, so I'm hoping Bethesda has learned from their mistakes in that regard.

Pretty excited for the new romance options!

14. Nuka-Cola Girl

Nuka-Cola Girl Active Member

Romance caught me off guard, I hope they learned from Skyrim not to do. The spouses were a nice little addition and all but too flat. I hope they took a few tips from Bioware. :D

36 people like this.
  15. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep, romance in Skyrim was on a very superficial level, like many other things in the game. I think they expected the modders to fill in the gaps, and they did - to an extent , just not how you'd expect them to, heh.

16. dabdab

dabdab Active Member

The updates really makes me want the game even more and just when I thought I couldn't possibly want it more.

Frankly hoping they actually ironed out the bugs before launch and not have another natural disaster that was Skyrim at launch and as others have pointed out, here's to hoping the romance options turn out better than the superficial and bland ones that Skyrim presented.

Other than that, better perks! Fallout 3 did it really well but even better than that? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

17. Chris_A

Regular

Oh yeah, the Skyrim "Romances" were really really bad. You basically had to show with an amulet around your neck and all the romantic interests would instantly ask if you would like to marry them. I don`t know what the developers thought when adding that option to the game, but I hope Fallout 4 will do better then that.

18. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wait, it doesn't work like that in the real life ? :(

36 people like this.
  19. Chris_A

Regular

Hahaha! That was a good one. :D I think real life would be much easier if it would take its clue from Bethesda games. ;)