Quantcast

fallout 4 crashes?

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by m0ldy, Feb 1, 2016.

1. m0ldy

m0ldy Active Member Regular

I beat like half the gane but it started to become really buggy. Weapon switching got super slow and would get me killed. Eventually got to the point where I couldnt open the game anymore because it would just crash. This was on PC, not console. I have a high end machine and played on max video settings. If I play again, I will cheat up to the point to where I stopped so I can continue the game where I left off. I think I just needed to update my game client.

2. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Fallout 4 is optimized like crap. Are there any patches on Nexus yet? It's really poorly ported to the PC. I also have a higher end machine (i5 and a 280X) but I can't play at max settings at all. I have like a custom set, with some things set to the lowest and some things set to the highest. Are you having these issues in certain areas or all through your game? If you're through Steam, you may want to verify the game cache.

LadyLotus likes this.
  3. LadyLotus

LadyLotus Member Regular

Why would they optimize it to the point where you have to have a monster machine to run it? Maybe they did not intend that. Is this just another case of a developer pushing out a game for market competition, but far to early?

4. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

I actually got it for the PS4 and its been smooth sailing for me so far. Sorry to hear it's so buggy on the PC side. Given the history with New Vegas hopefully they're more focused on patching some of these issues sooner rather than later. At least you guys have the promise of modding content in the future.

: fallout4