Fallout 2 - Fallout 4 connections

Discussion in 'Fallout 2' started by bitterestcup, Aug 13, 2015.

1. bitterestcup

bitterestcup Member

So one of the great things about Fallout as a series is the constantly expanding lore and references to previous games, and building on what those games established.

In this vein, do you think there will be any solid connections between Fallout 2 and 4? Like references to easter eggs-- do you think they'll put in another Tardis? Or maybe more solid links, like factions from 2 appearing in 4.

Recently Bethesda released this post on July 4th in celebration of Fallout's battles; http://www.bethblog.com/2015/07/04/happy-4th-of-july-from-bethesda-game-studios/

The Sea of Tranquility is on the MOON. I feel like they wouldn't introduce this now unless wasn't a chance we might get to go to the moon for a DLC in 4 (or even in the vanilla). If that were to happen, I think it'd be VERY likely we'd see the Shi there, since space travel WAS one of their goals, and it's been several decades since we last heard from them now.

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

It seems like a bit of a stretch...

3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

...but I guess it's not impossible.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, Fallout 4 is kind of a Fallout 3 revival - they kept the base and added layouts of new features over. It's not improbable for them to link the games together and add easter eggs, so I'd say we'll probably see some interesting things.

5. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

I am sure there will be. Bethesda is great at making and expanding lore. Just look at the Elder Scrolls games. I fell in love with Morrowind because it was by far the most believable game universe I had been in up to that point.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's definitely predictable. I could see it as well.

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That would be cool to see, though it would be a stretch since it wasn't Bethesda that had a hand in making Fallout 2. I would like the Tardis to show up in there, just for my theory concerning the protagonist to be correct:)