Camelot Expectations

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by SwordHungry, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

What are your expectations for this game?

I now there's still a very long time until it's release, but I'd like to get your thoughts on what you expect of the game in terms of gameplay. I think it'll also be interesting to see if it can face up to it's competitors.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Well, it has to deliver like any game released, but since it got funded by a kickstarter campaign, I think it's more important that it does great. When it comes to kickstarter, you have to expect something of greatness because fans and other developers help pay for the game to be made, and sometimes these games never get finished and they end up with the money.

I expect it to be one of the best games during the 2015 year.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  3. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Interesting, a pretty successful kick-starer funding story. I'm looking forward to playing the game. I just think its gonna have a lot of competition, the game setting is very popular.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  4. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

As a successor to the Dark Age of Camelot series, it has the potential to actually be one of the biggest names in MMO's if it has a good start. I followed the kick-starter campaign closely, and was very excited. Although the setting is a bit stale, and it's not exactly something to turn your head for, the way the world will work, as well as the general game and community dynamics are going to be fantastic. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people have tried doing the same things, but the focus of the developers this time is to do it RIGHT.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I expect great things from Expectations I am sure it's going to be innovative have a great story, but also the characters have to look and play correctly as well.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  6. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to this game and have donated about 40 or 50 dollars to its production myself, from what I've seen it will trump most if not all games out there at the moment.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game isn't coming out in 2015, but I expect the extra time to make for a better end product. At least that's my hope.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  8. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

Considering the map that they have in mind, I can't say that I've seen anyone else try to pull that off. It's an awesome idea, and I really think that they game is going to do well. I have high expectations for it, and the devs are really listening to the feedback they get from their backers.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  9. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin New Member

You can see a bit of alpha footage in this video, comparison between Crowfall and Camelot (Camelot footage is still very alpha and rough):

10. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

After checking this game it seems rather decent

11. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This game is pretty interesting. Though it does'nt get enough attention right now, I guess it worth a try.

12. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

I expect the game to be good based on what I have read, I will check it out when I have time.