Quantcast

Expectations of Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by ArdanIsBest, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ArdanIsBest

ArdanIsBest New Member

What are your honest expectations of the multiplayer bit in The Division? I think it looks promising from the E3 demo but it could just be for show. Do you think that playing multiplayer will be better than campaign or vice-versa?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not quite sure what to say at the moment, but I do predict that the multiplayer is going to be at least decent. Demos are always deceiving, so let's wait for the official release.

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I hope there are more interactions to do between players. Like, I haven't even seen emotes during the gameplay videos I saw. It's an MMO, right? I hope you can at least wave to a guy to make them realize you're friendly (or make him believe that), stuff like that. But yeah, they should absolutely push cooperation as much as they can, it has to make sense to have some allies rather than to shoot everyone you see.

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Agreed on this count. Squad-based coop in an open world arena sounds absolutely awesome, but it won't work that well unless you have at least a limited way to communicate.

I'm sure audible communication will be worked in to some degree, but it'd kinda cool to see a system where talking too much somehow hinders you a little, forcing you and your allies to rely on hand gestures and the like. Dunno if that'll be the case here, but it sounds neat to me.

Ishmael likes this.
  5. Ishmael

Also, I hope for more stealth options, so you can have a bigger range of tactics to engage with your team. I haven't seen much of that in the gameplay videos either

6. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

This. Division's going to need a large range of options if it's going to survive for any length of time as a coop multiplayer game. It saddens me to think of all the games released in the last few years whose multiplayer servers are essentially abandoned after two or three months of continuous play as players move on to the next multiplayer game. Stealth could really help in that respect.

I'm mainly praying that the open world isn't abandoned in multiplayer mode, but perhaps that's too much to hope for in arena-base combat.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Well, Ubisoft have been known to be quite innovative, brilliant at times. Hopefully they get it right with this game, it would be a shame if it will go to waste after just a couple of months.

8. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

From what I gather, it's a bit of a "forced" multiplayer. What I mean by that is that every where I read, the Dark Zone is where you get the really, really good loot. So the reward is actually participating in the MP aspect of this game. That hopefully means that it will stay active since there's always going to be that motivation to access those parts.

Of course, it'll have to be fun too.

9. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

True of almost all MMOs. best loot is going to be in a party when you raid/dungeon crawl/instance etc. Let's just hope its not "single player" up until that point where you have to party.

I want to be able to party with my friends, explore new areas, mess around if you will.

10. Cyborg Superman

True, although I have to admit I enjoying playing single player in MMOs too. You don't always find a good guild or pick-up group and sometimes you just want to go at it solo. Basically, I'm hoping for a good balance. I do realize that this is an MMO, but the official info says that the BEST loot will be in the MP Dark Zone, but that doesn't mean that ALL of the loot will be there, I hope!

It seems like that they are catering to people who want to solo too, or at least that's my best educated guess.

11. Ishmael

I also think that playing solo should be viable. I mean being alone and hidden, if there are stealth options, should be an advantage since enemies won't know where you're shooting from and they'll be in a frenzy. Playing alone would also be very intense since you may encounter another player and you won't be very sure on how to act with them because you don't know how they'll react. All these dynamics are going to be interesting to see played out in the game.

12. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member Regular

Solo play has been confirmed for the game, and while that is nice I'd really really like for the game to have an amazing multi player. It's already confirmed that the game will play a little bit like DayZ, where the users in PvP can fight and grab loot from downed players, but in The Division, only in certain dark zones can this happen so it is a controlled thing. But tbh, I think that'll it'll be incredible for a while, but then we'd get tired of the constant sneaking and playing around. The solo mode is a nice boon for us to get off of multi and just grind alone for a while, but I wonder if the characters can be transported from the solo server to a multi server.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  13. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Too forced to enjoy

14. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I think it will be decent at the very least. If that's their main focus I don't want to believe that they'll mess it up too badly.

15. Cyborg Superman

The transition between solo play and multiplayer (The Dark Zone) will be seamless. You'll basically scale a wall, and boom you're in the Dark Zone and ready to PvP. Climb the wall to get out, and you're back to the relative safety of solo play. It's a pretty cool way to do it, and it means no loading screens!

16. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Knowing that there'll be no voice chat communication? Not much, frankly. I feel like the sessions are going to be one hell of an unorganized stampede, with some players tailing other players for aaaages.

17. Cyborg Superman

I guess it will complicate matters on the PC version but honestly most people have another voice chat program, so if you join a good guild, I think you'll be okay. Xbox One and PlayStation have integrated voice chat so there's no problem there.

18. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm skeptical it's just for show as well. I'd rather wait to see for myself what it's like and hear other's reviews. They might just hype it up to look better than it actually is.

19. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Wait, what? I thought the demos clearly showed voice communication and they actually made that seem like a very important aspect of the game.

Has this been confirmed? I've seen that one video where they're entering the Dark Zone, but I'm not sure that that meant transition from single player to multiplayer.

20. Ishmael

What he meant was that voice communication works only between teammates. You can't talk to random players, they have to be in your party.