EVE TV Series apparently in the works

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by ISKMogul, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

http://variety.com/2015/film/festiv...stworkingtitlescottfree1201583590-1201583590/

This is a pretty interesting chance for CCP to revitalize mainstream interest in EVE and pull a horde of new players into the game. Some people have also pointed out that it would be interesting to see major personalities from within the EVE community somehow taking part in production.

I think it would be better for the series to focus on the lore that drove major conflict between NPC factions. For example, a series about the Minmatar revolts would be a great catalyst for telling the story of how Jovians have influenced New Eden, as well as a potential focal point for hinting at Drifters and their plans to do whatever it is the heck they're up to.

In other words, please don't suck.

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm fearful that it would be cheesy. EVE Online prizes itself on large scale fleet battles, beautiful scenery while traveling through space and the deep political backdrop of its various factions and nations. How are they going to pull the epicness into a small cluster of film story for a movie?

3. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

This sounds pretty interesting but I'm not really convinced they can bring something as big as EVE to television. I feel like they would need a huge budget to be able to grasp what makes EVE so awesome. I'm guessing it would be something like Star Trek but with the concepts and such based on the game. Definitely looking forward to this.