EVE-DUST interaction

Discussion in 'Dust 514' started by rocketwar, Aug 6, 2013.

1. rocketwar

rocketwar Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be much interaction between the two worlds. They're supposedly connected, and that is the primary allure of DUST-514, what sets it apart from other FPS games. But it doesn't seem to really have much focus on that. Orbital bombardment is done primarily by NPCs and there is no clear advantage to having it done by a player. DUST mercs can buy equipment from EVE players, but they can also get it straight with ISK from NPC markets in DUST, with no transportation issues. Players can drop them goods, but they can also get NPCs to do this.​

Can we see some iteration on the future of DUST-EVE interaction?​

I'd also like people to share their ideas for better interaction​

2. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

I do here that there is/was plans for atmospheric flight at some point so perhaps we'll be able to fly our frigates over the battlefield and rain down death on our enemies. But this does run the risk of our million ISK ships being blown up by much cheaper ground weapons.

I do feel there is a limit between direct EVE-DUST interaction. Generally F2P games often have a pick up and play element to them. You bash out a few battles and then let it go, or spend several hours grinding some skills up and unlocking a new weapon. If you removed the NPC markets and restricted equibment to what was being sold at the time that might annoy the more casual players who want the basic weapons that no one wants to make since the profit margin is lower.

However you could increase the interaction of DUST on EVE. Perhaps a campagin mode where you fight through a planet to secure it for a corp that has taken an enemy system and need it cleared out. Something like that might change corp wars up a bit if they have to fight for the planets in the systems they take. Encourage them to work more closely between each games.

3. ClaudeCruz

ClaudeCruz Member

I love the idea of the interaction between the two consoles and games. It is a super innovative idea that no one else has really tried to do. If there was some way to make the interaction better, I'd be really excited, because based on what you said, it sounds like the interaction is optional. And I think that if it's optional then that really take away from the game. You should have to work together with other people to make it work properly