Elementalist the clusterf*@k

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by sykl, Apr 25, 2012.

1. sykl

sykl New Member

so elementalists can hold staves, dagers(mh/oh), scepters, focus, and tridents. each weapon gives them 20 diferent spells(5 for each element) and you can combine spells for beter effects. Anyone else foresee people moaning about this forever?

2. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the elementalist hasn't been OP in the beta, the Necromancer has been the hardest to kill PvP wise. I think we'll have to wait and see how the game plays out before judging it really, but I think that the classes will be roughly balanced. After all, ArenaNet have said that although the skills you choose are important, it's about the way you play the class, not spamming out all of your powers.

3. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I've read the ranger is the most op in WvW given the range and spike power. In groups it could be devastating.

Yeah necros don't die easy.
    Warriors can be badass if they are well played.
    Mez and ranger are situational.

I've yet to see a ele pvp video that impressed me. Not that they can't i just haven't seen one... would love to actually.

4. Zyos

Zyos Active Member

I've actually seen a ele WvW video where the player just didn't go down, even with it was 4 on one. I'm not sure if it was someone from Arenanet or someone from the press, but it was during the closed beta. If I can find the video again I'll post a link. I was impressed enough with the video to try out a mage, but I have to imagine they are not the best class in WvW as far as survivability.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

wow please do... i see them get focused a lot in PVP which spells out high damage/low survive-ability which is what i would have expected. Glass cannon.

If u got the vids share away!

6. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Actually really interested in seeing this video too since I plan to be a Ele as a main, please share if you find it!

7. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

I've only played the Elementalist for a little bit so far so I can't really say much about whether it's OP, but it can sure pack a punch. :p

8. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

They seem pretty complicated to master especially in PvP which is very situational. I think they will be great for someone who really knows the class inside and out changing attunements and weapon swapping.

9. Orien

Orien Member

Elementalist should be one of the classes that really shines when played by someone willing to dedicate themselves to learning the intricacies of swapping attunements at proper time for defense/offense as well as weapon swaps. I have seen that they definitely have the abilitiy to *one shot* people in the right situation.

10. Hobo Bannon

Hobo Bannon Member

Skill

I would imagine it is the same as any class a matter of player skill.

If you give someone skilled 9 spells and someone unskilled with 100 the skilled player will still have an advantage. Its knowing how to use the skills you have in a specific situation that makes a strong and powerful character.

11. Papaj

Papaj Member

Players have already been complaining for months (since BWE #1) about how they feel overwhelmed by all the abilities and how they feel "inferior" if they aren't constantly swapping attunements every few seconds. In reality, they are inferior, why limit yourself to 1-2 attunements (10 abilities max, the same amount every other profession gets) when you are given 20. Having leveled an Elementalist to 51 in the BWEs I'm inclined to say (and believe I've had enough experience to warrant it) that if you are trying to be a "fire" or "lightning" mage, then you are doing something severely wrong. And as soon as I get 3 posts, I will edit this with a video showing why using ALL 20 of your skills is going to serve you well in the long run.

[video=youtube;nMZRkjha5BA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMZRkjha5BA[/video]

12. kksscc

kksscc New Member

I agree. It takes some learning, but I'm using all the abilities through the swapping that's available to battle. Although some of the glass canon builds may use on/two attunements at a higher percentage than others.