ehm I´m a bit confused?!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by GameFreak348, Oct 13, 2014.

1. GameFreak348

GameFreak348 New Member

Hello,

I just finished Metro 2033 Redux, I got the good ending.

Now I started Metro Last Light Redux and when Khan wakes me up he says that I launched the missile strikes against the dark ones? Is that supposed to happen?

#1 GameFreak348, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

The bad ending is canonical in the setting of the games. It follows the book and the author's wishes for the games, and, in my most humble of opinions makes for a more interesting story. Also, the bad ending is the conclusion most people got.

It would be immensely time consuming if the developers were to make two seperate games, or at least stories, for each different ending, would it not?

3. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

It would be great, yes.

4. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

Personly I better like the Last Light bad ending as well, but there some minor stuff in the 2034 book which makes me belive that the good ending will be canonical.

5. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

I do not understand the power of the Dark-Ones in the Metro Games series...

In the beginning of the Metro Franchise (Metro:2033/Metro:2033 Redux), The Dark-Ones came across to be beings so high among the Human foodchain, that simply thinking about them would drive a man insane. Yet-...Although they are quite predominantly displayed as this-...Throughout the events that unfold in the next game, the Dark-One seems like a massive pushover...
    Yes, It is that of the Younger Generation of the Dark-Ones but-...I dont understand how the Dark-One is portrayed as, If it linked with anyone else other then Artyom, then the linked would go insane-...See friends as foes...And drive them insane to the point of never eating or sleeping again...
    Yet in the game 'Metro:Last Light/Metro: Last Light Redux' That Dark-One is going around, linking with peoples minds like a the Station Whore...
    Hes linked with Artyom-...-Khan-...Moskvin-...
    And none of them seem to show the same effects that happen to the Group of guards seen in the beginning of the game...

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Interesting points, though I think it may have something to do with the fact that...
    ...it is a child. If you think about it, Artyom is one of the only humans who can communicate with the Dark Ones because he was exposed to them as a child and managed to make contact before he finished fully maturing. It would seem reasonable to assume that the same applies to the Dark Ones, meaning that a little Dark One can communicate with humans because he/she is more open-minded and hos not yet grown fully. So if humans or Dark Ones grow in isolation from the other species, their minds become incapable of making contact without harming each other. And I think it's an ok explanation, since in real life children are much more impressionable, curious, open to new things and learn faster than adults too.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Let's be honest. The bad ending is the best ending for Metro 2033, by far.

8. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 Member

I'm clearly super dumb. I just joined the forums and I didn't even realize Last Light had two endings. What was constituted as the good versus bad? What's the difference in Artyom's outcome?

9. In the "Good" ending...
    [YOUTUBE]nQORxeRoiBs[/YOUTUBE]
    In the "Bad" ending...
    [YOUTUBE]16-VjC98JoA[/YOUTUBE]

10. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 Member

Thanks for the help.