Quantcast

EgoRaptor explores Zelda (Humorous Puns and Rips)

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by Shimus, May 28, 2015.

1. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Some of his comments had me roaring and laughing along, while others were 0.o but most of it was spot on. ​
    Oh this guy. /wipes tears from corner of eye in laughter.​

2. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I think this is the worst in the Sequilitis series. Disclaimer, I am an Ocarina fan. In general, I feel like most of the arguments he made were entirely subjective. For example, why does a longer chest opening sequence vs a shorter chest opening sequence make a difference in which game is better?

3. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Because it was his opinion? Remember, it's not which game is naturally better, but mainly about him RIPPING on the game as a whole.

Also, it wasn't just the chests. He pointed out plenty of other things and just because people loved/grew up on the game they were willing to overlook just how shoddily coded it was in some parts? I loved OOT as much as the next guy don't get me wrong; but his points were valid. At least to some of us. And of course it's Subjective. It's coming from a YOUTUBE station named for an Egotistical Raptor too, if that doesn't give some sort of a clue walking into it blindfolded.

But I love his entire Sequilitis video chain. I just thought some of the points he made were totally spot on while others not so much.

4. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I never said it was just chests, but they are a perfect anecdote to most of the rest of his points. Also, Arin really enjoys Wind Waker, which only separates itself in gameplay from Ocarina through the quicktime events. I love the other two sequilitis series as well, but this is for sure the most biased and uncentered of them all. It was mainly a hate on Ocarina fest.

5. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

But Arin usually has hate fests on most of his videos disguised with really well thought out points - but mostly it's just rage about how it should have been, or what could have been.

I agree with your statement it was mainly an OOT rip fest, but I enjoyed it and I actually nodded at the points he made, if not openly laughed. Because, there just are wayyy too many OOT fanboys who cry "Best Zelda" ever. It was fantastic. I even grew up on it with my very own N64 as it was released when I was a kid - but it doesn't change the fact looking back now he has valid points on how it was.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I am one of the people who consider it the best Zelda, but I say that knowing there are flaws. I just think Arin really hurt his chances of making people pay attention to his valid points by making petty points like the chest thing. He is extremely knowledgeable about game design and really did himself no favors by the way he went about this video IMO.

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Well, we'll agree to disagree then because I felt it was no different then his other ones and raised valid points. The glory of the internet.

8. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

Within this instance, EgoRaptor sounds like a person must have INSTANT gratification. That is probably why he hates waiting a couple of seconds to open a chest or explore a new world.

I like playing the modern Zelda games because link is more involved with the characters. He is not as aloof, only seeming to care about slashing monsters. He builds relationships with the very people he is trying to save. Besides, he even gets rewards from doing side quests so I don't think it's entirely pointless.

I also think that EgoRaptor is just missing the way things used to be. Nintendo is just changing with the times as each new generation comes along and discovers Zelda for themselves. Whenever I play Zelda I'm in it for the journey more than the destination. Yes those boat rides, horse rides, or bird rides seem to take up some time. But good lord learn to slow down and smell the roses. The background scenes help to make the mood of the game, and also can be critical to solving dungeons and puzzles if you don't care to look at your surroundings because your too busy thinking about how many monsters you can slice.

9. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I do agree that Navi and FI are annoying. They do nothing more than state the obvious.

"Master, your health is declining", yeah thanks FI. As if I can't be counted on to check my own vitals. I would say that this is when I appreciate some characters like Midna. At least I get to battle with FI at some point. Navi is just floating there.