Quantcast

Earth, fire, or water for the starter Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Efrahinu19, Nov 11, 2013.

1. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Personally I would like to see some different types of elements instead of the basic maybe ground, dark, or physic something like that.

2. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

I always used to pick earth. On the original series, I always wanted to end up with a Venusaur. I also played with Fire but I didn't really like it.

3. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

Always fire starter for me. They are my favorite because they always seemed stronger to me as a kid.

4. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

I usually pick the grass type as they provide more challenge. I remember people saying that water type pokemons are a blessing as a starter pokemon because they have the type advantages to almost every gym you go. But it's part of the fun to figure out what attack is super effective against the opponent though. Plus the grass pokemon are always the cuter one :)

5. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

What about grass types, I usually go with fire or grass types, speed or power is what it boils down to

6. Clanky

Clanky Well-Known Member

I always used the water pokemons. Starting with Hydropi in the old generations, I used the water starter in every single edition of Pokemon. I just love their attacks and they can be extremely dangerous, too.

7. Lolman112

Lolman112 Well-Known Member

Can't remember earth as a starter. Lol I know you mean Grass, but check your post next time. I usually choose Pokemon because of their appearance. Also, their second nature is really important to me, since for example: Charizard was a dragon with the possibility to fly, but Typhlosion wasn't (which was why I didn't go for the solid fire type).

8. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

I have always and still will pick water type as a staring Pokemon. Whether it be Totodile or Squirtle, they manage to evolve into strong fighters to go against the Final 4.

9. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

I always chose water Pokemons because I think they look the cutest. Aside from Turtwig that is. I also find the fire pokemon sometimes quite cute, but they are really hard to start the game with.

10. SoraLimit

SoraLimit Member

I have always started with a water pokemon. I don't know why, but I'm glad that Greninja is an actual decent starter since Blaziken. The only time I haven't started with water was in Pokemon Emerald, where I started with Treecko, but Generation 3 was the only generation I have never completed, so I'm excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

11. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I actually pick Fire type every beginning of the game then immediately regret it because I had to fish for a water type Pokemon in the middle of the game just to teach it Surf. But I think Fire Type Pokemons are what most people choose every time.

12. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I went straight for fire in the first game. It was a difficult choice but I was happy with it. Back when I was playing I always wished it was like the show and you'd get a Pikachu, but I got over it.

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

Earth? You mean Grass? Anyway, I tend to choose either a Water type of a Fire type since they're bound to be the ones that are really strong form the start. But I guess it's just how you play the game but I tend to choose Fire type more than anything when choosing.

14. UObeki1

UObeki1 Member

I think that all types have pretty cool starter pokemon. I mostly use grass type like Sceptile and Torterra but I like the fire types too like Charizard, Blaziken, and Infernape.

15. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Well-Known Member Regular

I have always gone with the water types. Squirtle has always been my favourite to pick. They are the strongest and the best overall type of pokemon.

16. Brady2121

Brady2121 Well-Known Member

I typically go with fire, but occasionally I may go water. I just like fire's damage. For example, Charizard is probably one of the strongest pokemon.

However, I like water's defense. For example, Blastoise has one of the best defenses in the game.

17. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I typically went with water because they were always strong against the first few gym leaders and overall well rounded.

18. primaLucid

primaLucid Well-Known Member Regular

I always went with Fire since I thought Charizard looks badass. However, as I played more of the recent games, I began to take a favor to grass type pokemon. Although they aren't the powerhouses everyone loves, they are like serene, silent killing machines, which I love.

19. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

As a starter? I would always choose the fire type Pokemon. Even though most battles at the beginning would be a little difficult ( Blue/Red) it never mattered to me. I always caught what I could at the start and made them as least the same level or a few levels higher than the Gym.

By the end of the game, I would usually have Fire/Dragon/Ice/Ghost types with me. I loved legendary Pokemon so I use to include them until I realized some of the other regular Pokemon was just better overall for me.

20. chronomantic

chronomantic Member

I generally don't even pay attention to the elements but the evolutions I'll get later in the game. It's more about aesthetics for me. I don't want to stick with some weird-looking Pokemon that I'm not very fond of honestly. After that it's between grass and water since fire doesn't attract me that much. Like some other user above said though, I wish this pattern would change somewhere along the way so that we could choose different elements.