Dumb things we have done

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by TotalAaron, May 2, 2013.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Well today i learnt that there is a button on my laptop yeah ;) normally my laptop spits out 2.30GHZ :) but appon pressing that button it gets boosted to 3.50GHZ :eek: anybody else got dumb storys like that :D

2. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Nope, and I have no clue why you add such a button, and just not actually make it go at Max all times?
    Ok, powersaving is one thing, but it's still pretty redicoulous. >_>

3. TotalAaron

it has something to do with battery life is about 6 seconds the btton is virtual hence why i didnot press it and there is no need to max it out at all times for it is a laptop

4. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

I see.
    Seems like a good laptop, unlike the one I got from school. programs like Word make it lag. A normal site like 4chan, makes the Laptop lag. Im just gonna use it to hammer nails with. :d

Oh, and I've also got a dumb story like yours, though I cant remember it right now xD
    Trust me, Im usually got those ourageous dumb stories.

#4 thuner, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  5. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

When i thought jumping up and grabbing on to scalding hot pipes in school was fun.

6. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Can I make this jump? Yeah... Nope. Hospital.

Should I ride this scooter down this flight of marble stairs on a wheelchair rut? No that's a stupid idea. *picks up scooter and walks down stairs... Scooter swings in-between legs* Humans can fly! Knee first, ten stairs, marble floor, hospital.

"Hey Jo! Throw me that wrench!".... Hospital.

"I bet you you can't dodge my slingshot!.... You're on!" Bruises turn yellow after purple...

"Is this chicken still good?... I think so..." shitting and throwing up at the same time is a very funny feeling...

I think those statements speak for themselves.

#6 Aaron, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  7. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

They do. They do.... *pats your back* We all know how it is.

8. TotalAaron

9. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

10. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

I once thought it would be fun to pretend to steal my friend's cellphone in front of a bus stop, just to scare people. Everything was going fine, untill someone shouted "Get him!". I panicked and tripped and fell on concrete... I still have the scars on my hand/knee/forearm/elbow.

11. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

getting so drunk when I was in my twenties that I still can't remeber what I did that night. never again!

12. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Absolutely sawaying , annihiliated gonna be a goodod'n tommorrow.

:editg.: I am swaying. It's gonna be a good'n tommrrow.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Garry's Mod.... Ooooh maaaaan, Garry's Mod. The most unreliable game in the whole wide world.
    I don't know how many hours, how may evenings (Especially Friday and Saturday) I've spent trying to fix stuff that won't work.

I remember one evening there was this special event on our HL2RP server and everyone was on. Except me, who had troubles starting Garry's Mod because of some error. Everyone nagged me in steam and told me to come on the server. I spent that whole evening, four hours, not giving up hope of being able to join them. There was nothing else I'd rather want. I asked people for help in steam, I browsed through every damn forum about Gmod via Google, until I finally saw the smallest and simplest post at the bottom of the last forum: "Restart Steam".
    :epic facepalm: I restarted steam, and Garry's Mod started up. And by that time, the server was empty. I cried myself to sleep that night.

Once in.. I believe it was seventh grade, I had my two best buds over for visit. I don't remember why, but we were filling balloons with anything we could find in closets and the fridge. Vinegar, coffee, all sorts of spices, some green goo and a shitload of more stuff. I lived just beside the school we went to, so we could see our horrible teacher's car from my kitchen window. You probably guessed how this is played out already, huh?
    Yeah, one of my friends and I went down with the balloons and a bag of flour while my other friend stayed inside and watched. A surprising lot of people walked past now and then, and we just stood there and looked innocent. One of the school's teachers even saw us before he left. Then, when nobody saw us, we threw the stuff at the car. Ballons with green goo splatted out everywhere with stinking vinegar on the beautiful expensive Jeep. We poured flour on the hood of the car and mixed it in with green goo to create this kind of glue-like substance, then we ran back home.

The teacher arrived at her car and was shocked when seeing it. We watched from the windows through cracks in the curtains. A lot of people came over and she started taking pictures and all that. A lot of them, including her, looked up at our house and probably saw us in the windows despite the curtains. The next day, we were both taken to the principal's office for questioning, and we admitted doing it. In some "council" afterwards, they said that since we had admitted doing it, they wouldn't call the cops on us but we had to pay 1000Nok (172$/131€) each for damage on the paint of the car. We never meant to do that, only to prank the teacher and have her wash it off and done with it. But we had to pay the money none the less.

The very next day, a girl in class threw a stone at the size of a ten year old's fist directly towards the center of my face. Luckily enough, I turned my head in time so it hit the side of my head. The next day, I was determined to get back at her, so I had put some eggs in vinegar over the night. That makes them soft, so they'd splash easier. On her way home from school, walking past my house, I and the same friend stormed out and threw three eggs at her. All three missed her face; one hit in the hair, two on the jacket. She went back to the school, told the same teacher that we had thrown stuff at's car, then came back to my house with her where she ranted me out. The next day in another "council", I had to pay another 1000Nok because the eggs apparently landed inside her jacket's open pocket and destroyed her cellphone -.- My friend didn't have to pay for that because he didn't throw any of the eggs, which was fair enough.

My poor friend had to work for some days in order to pay back the 1000Nok. My parents payed the 2000Nok for me and told me I'd have to save up for a looong while and pay them back. So I did, and eventually they just forgot about it. We all remember the happenings to this day, but they've never remembered that I never payed them, haha. So I got away with that, luckily for me. My friend wasn't so lucky though.
    What's funny, is that a long while later, after I was finished at that school to graduate to the next school, I was told that they had actually called the cops on us. The 1000Nok that I and my friend had to pay each was not because of the hood of the car. The hood was fine and never destroyed. What we payed for, was apparently a fine for vandalism. I've never known about the cellphone-thing though. I think that's just something the mother made up so we had to pay them money, because I could tell that she was not a very pleasant human being, during that "council" thing.

So now you know that :p

14. TotalAaron

Why did she chuck a rock at you man? was she a member of the illumin i mean council?

15. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

What the fuck? Why? Did anyhing happened to her?

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

We were kind of friends / flirtbuddies, and I don't remember what I said but I said something minorly rude and she threatened for fun to throw the rock at me and I was like "Do it, come on, do it", thinking that she wouldn't. She threw it and she later said that she hit by accident and actually meant to miss at me :p

17. TotalAaron

Oh okay i thought it was just for no reason

18. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Well I'm not sure if this is that dumb, but here it goes.
    Just this past weekend, I went on a school trip for a group state competition and stayed in a hotel room with my friends. Anyway, once we arrived, I began speaking in a Russian accent; don't ask me why, I just did. From there me and one of my friends both began speaking in a Russian accent to the point where we would hear people on the street and swear that we heard them speaking in a Russian accent as well; also I went through withdrawal for about a day after having spoken in Russian for two days.

The second night, I came up with a radio station called Artyom and Papa Burov 102 and we decided to prank call people from the hotel phones. At first we were calling the rooms of the people from our school who also went on the trip, but that soon got boring. Next, we were walking up and down the floors looking for people who were up and calling their room numbers; this was anonymous because the phones didn't have caller ID. We eventually came across a room of guys that seemed to be watching a game and getting drunk. We ran back up to our room and called the guys with our fake radio station broadcast. This is how it went.

(Ring Ring) Hello?

(Russian voice) You have chance to win $300 if you guess name of song correctly. Would You like to play?(Guy hangs up on the other line)

(Ring Ring) Hello?

(Russian Voice) Yes Hello! This is Artyom and Papa Burov 102, you are on the air. Why you hang up? This is no joke. You actually have chance to win $300. Do you want to play?

Sure, okay.

We decided to play Eye of the Tiger by Survivor to make it easy and sure enough, we were right. They guessed the name of the song correctly and then we yelled out " Holly Shit! Holly Shit! You have just won $300. Holly Shit! The guy on the other line began to laugh from joy. We told him where to pick up the money and asked him to tell us the name of #1 radio station before he signed off. He didn’t remember because he had trouble understanding our think Russian accents so we had to guide him through it.
    My freind and I went down to pass by their room and encountered to guys in shorts and keys in their hands. ( haa haa haa, success). ;)
    By the way, as for my code name, I am Papa Burov.

19. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

You're not alone... Only I'm a repeat offender heh!

20. TotalAaron

Thats so nasty nuclear :O