Quantcast

Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS

Discussion in 'Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior' started by shadowsupernature, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

[​IMG]

As I'm sure you've all seen, this just got announced for Japan. Given that they've already got an english translation for the game, I assume the likelihood of us getting a western release is quite high.

What do people think of this game? I've often heard it called the best in the series. Given that I've played almost nothing in the series, I hope this'll by my first attempt.

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Yeah, the reason is that the rest may be good on their own right, but they're also "classic", like overhead view and sprites stuff made for portables or older gen consoles. VIII is "classic" in many ways, but it's got a big 3D world and models that weren't atrocious tier either so it felt like a long awaited upgrade (that never happened again.)

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Only DQ I've ever played to completion and I loved it. VERY formulaic game, but they nailed the formula. DQ is everything you remember being good about menu based and random battled rpgs from the 8/16 bit era and literally nothing else (besides a graphical update).

4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Great for 3DS fans, but I'm getting tired of this. When are we going to get a Playstation Dragon Quest rpg. And no, Dragon Quest Heroes doesn't count as that's a Musou game. Dragon Quest 8 did really well on the PS2 back in the day.

I can't help but think that if Square and Enix were still separate companies, we'd seen more DQ games on Playstation.