Does anyone play this game anymore?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by lana, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I played it till I got to level 60, done a lot of dungeons after, done quests then I quit. The game is good at first, good until you reach 60 and then it's just dead boring. It becomes boring because if you don't pay loads of money you can't kill anyone in PVP and they make a mockery out of you, so it is pay to win and I didn't want to spend 5 years playing it just to get a good gear score and kill some people in PVP, it's just boring.

2. AmyPrime

AmyPrime New Member

I totally agree with you. I also got to level 60 and then the game just died. PVP is absolutely hopeless and unless you play 24/7 with no life or you pay so much money you are not going to get anywhere so I stopped playing Neverwinter too. It is sad because Neverwinter was a lovely game it just got ruined by it being pay to win.

3. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I know. I would define it as pay to win in the sense that you have to spend years to achieve half of what a person can achieve in a day by just basically paying loads of money, maybe not loads but at least a little bit of money. So it does suck.

4. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think new players join in on it, exalt in its beauty then quit when they either realize it's done after a certain level or just lose interest and move on to another game. I hope they either keep working on it or come out with a sequel soon. However, I don't really know if there would be anyone wanting that. Neverwinter 2 anyone?

5. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, so Neverwinter Nights online is a "pay to win" game after all... Too bad.

I remember on some persistence servers of NWN(1), we used to raid for gears, and the best gears are hard to come by because the top bosses are so hard to beat. The most important thing was actually our builds. Some people could figure out some top secret builds that make them so much stronger than majority of the players. I was actually one of them lol. It was proud to be one of the toughest.

Pay to win sucks really bad. I'd rather pay monthly fee to play a game instead of play it for free but have to pay to be "good" at it.
    It really took the competition and fair out of the game, and competition is what makes things interesting.

6. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is not Neverwinter nights. The forum is a bit confusing, but this is Neverwinter which is a MMORPG, and action based.

There have actually been 4 Neverwinters now

1. In the mid 1990s there was an AOL game named Neverwinter which used graphics similar to the old Pool of Radience and Curse of the Azure Bonds computer games.

2. NeverWinter Nights from Bioware. which included 2 expansions and was sometimes played as online fan-created MMORPGs

3. NeverWinter Nights 2

4. NeverWinter - the action based MMORPG that quickly went free2play and apparently is very much a pay2win game based on endgame pvp.

7. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know exactly which game we are talking about here.

I have played Neverwinter Nights (1) and (2), and I played on some servers with persistence worlds extensively. It was fun when the server had good content.

Yes, I was referring to the #4 in your post. Since it is an MMORPG, I labeled it Neverwinter Nights Online.

I just do not like so called "free to play" yet have to pay to be "good" at the game.

8. Bakanyan

Bakanyan Member
    Regular

I honestly found the crafting system of Neverwinter boring. I loved the custom quest and how I could farm for titles but the game became boring to me once I capped out. It was fun while it lasted but the developers are releasing the content too slowly so I'm not surprised that Neverwinter is in a big decline. I think the only reason I'd play Neverwinter now is for nostalgia and nothing else. I can't imagine myself recommending this game to anyone with its dying community.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is one of those games that I just got a taste of about five years ago and never really seemed to get a chance to try it again. I think that I would like to though.

10. grrlscout420

grrlscout420 New Member

I have been playing it on console now for 3 yrs. My activity in the game is hasn't been the best in the last year but I have returned to the game a few months ago. I can't see myself ever walking away from NW. There's so much to do & if I don't want it to get "grindy" then it isn't.
    Plus with weekly, seasonal events & new content being released I dont get bored bc there's always something to look forward to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

11. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member
    Regular

Two things I don't like.

1. The level cap at 70 because once you reach it, you can't progress any higher than that. With all the Expansions/Campaigns that have come out over the years, you are still stuck at 70.

2. There is no open world. Everything is in sections like instances. Once you leave the city, you can't just roam around and explore the world and do quests or kill things at your own pace as you can in WOW, LOTRO, ESO, etc.

12. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played this game when it first released. And I started getting bored a few months ago. I dropped it now. Every now and then players get interested to a game when it's new and drop them when a new one is launched. I think it's the reason why.

13. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wonder what inspired the name Neverwinter.
    Does it never get to winter season when playing the game? I've never played it.