Does anyone play or have interest in the Lord of the Rings games?

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by dieselfit, Dec 14, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfit Active Member

It's like a ghost town in here! There's tons of old threads but it isn't as active as it was last month. I'm wondering how good this game is and if anyone plays it here. Does anyone play it?

2. Martin

Martin Member

I'll play it from time to time, but as a cheapskate F2P gamer (for the most part) LOTR doesn't really appeal to me. Sure, the game itself is technically free to play, but most quests and some classes are locked behind the ingame store (at least to a non-subscriber). You can earn ingame currency to purchase new quest packs with, but its a long slow grind to do so. Every so often I'll log on and chip away at the amount I still need to earn to purchase a new quest pack, but it gets boring pretty fast.

The game itself is enjoyable, what I've played of it at any rate. If you like world PvP, there is a mode where you can create an evil character and fight against normal 'Free Peoples' characters in a special zone just for that.

It's worth your time to check out, just be aware that unless you spend money on it, you'll be facing a grind to unlock new content after the first few zones.

3. Aelfwin1996

Aelfwin1996 Member
    Regular

I love the LOTR games. I have most of them. The only genre I think they failed was the MOBA. I play all of the others and enjoy them a lot. Interacting with the universe Tolien created is very enjoyable.

4. arghyadeep

arghyadeep Member

I play Lord of The Rings Games and I find them very interesting. Most of the part of all the games is based exactly on the Lord of The Rings movie series.

The graphics, audio quality and the complete world of the game is great. I've played many of Lord of The Ring games.

5. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I played it for a while, and I did enjoy it for that brief time. I've heard that there is a great role playing community there. I'm considering getting back into it.

6. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

I do think the lore is truly amazing, but for some reason they failed to back that up with some good game mechanics. It's a shame really

7. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I couldn't really get into them. The games look cool, but they have failed on several game mechanics that make it more disappointing than interesting.

8. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never really enjoyed how you had to buy the packs to play on several different zones. Surely I enjoyed questing and following the lore, but a lot of the features seemed to force you into purchasing in-game items with real money to make you "continue" with the game.

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

I did download it, and play it time to time, it's great to find yourself in such a virtual world full of mysterious creatures. :D

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played it for a while but I couldn't get into it. It sucks though, especially since I'm a big fan of the Lord of The Rings series. Maybe in the future we'll see a better game in the same genre.

11. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love the world of Middle-Earth, and what better way to experience it than through a game? I think LotR is a rare example of a title where most of its licensed games are above average, just look at the 2 Battle for Middle-Earth's or the LEGO series. LOTRO was also great while it lasted, it's a pity the great community it once had is now long gone :I

12. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

I loved the movie based games for The Two Towers and Return of the King. I played some Third Age which was fun and War im the North too.

13. DeathXXXXGun

DeathXXXXGun Member
    Regular

I played Twin Towers on my PS2 when I was younger. It was my favorite game ever! I still remember shooting arrows at the Mantis that held chinese warriors on it. It was great haha

-DeathXGun

14. DeathXXXXGun

DeathXXXXGun Member
    Regular

I also played LotR Online and that was a pretty great MMORPG! I enjoyed it and it was very... lush!

-DeathXGun

15. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Does Shadow of Mordor count as Lord of the Rings game? I had a lot of fun playing that one, although I don't think I was able to finish it because my hard drive died. I think I might go back and re-play it.

16. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, Shadows of Mordor was actually pretty decent, but I found it got a bit repetitive about 3/4 in. I was also playing on the lower version of it (the Xbox 360 version is a stripped down version of the One/PS4) so that could have been a reason for it too.

Anyway, I think the topic was more centred on the MMORPG, which I did play closer to when it first came out. I ended up creating a hobbit and for some reason I decided I wanted to focus on crafting; I ended up spending all time time growing crops and stuff instead of actually playing the game. Needless to say, this got kind of boring after a while (by my own fault).

17. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to play the LOTRO game a lot. If you like LOTR its a great game to just get lost in the lore and feel like you're a part of the game. Personally for me i Hit a wall where i was playing without anyone, and it was kind of getting boring because the level grind was getting really slow and I just lost interest. I'll probably pick it up again in a few months, i seem to visit mmos like that, come for a month, leave for months, repeat.

18. Cyborg Superman

Regular

That's actually kind of fun to do, because you get to see a bunch of new content and advancements they've made while you were away. Playing MMOs without a group is very tiresome sometimes... I at least like to have the option of grouping, even if once in a while I prefer to solo. I hit the wall in LOTRO too, but it was mostly because I was getting tired of baking pies, lol.

19. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I love the LOTR games. They are very fun and entertaining for me. I personally can find my self occupied with them for hours at a time. I would recommend but not quite sure what you're into game wise. Try watching some game play on twitch or youtube, that should help you decide whether to get it or not.

20. Cyborg Superman

Regular

Which one have you been playing recently? The MMO or the newer Shadows of Mordor? They're both pretty good in different ways, since once is a single player game and the other is an MMO.