Does anybody else feel like this game lacks a sense of progression?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by agzander, Sep 2, 2013.

?

Was downing your level in gw2 decreasing your motavation to play

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

I don't feel like gw2 has proper "progression" feeling, but what I saw from the expansion announcements, they will try to give us more of this, with the new mastery system and precursor crafting, which is sorely needed.

2. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Really? I don't see that at all though.

3. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I think it's perfectly well done. I wouldn't want to own everything in 1 shot if I was helping my friends, so the level down only helps the game - not hurt it. It also allows you to experience all PVE content at the intended levels which makes some of those world bosses legit hard because it's not a shit storm of max levels steamrolling everything in sight.

I think they needed to add MORE endgame content. Battlegrounds aside from WVW need updating, 4 on 4 needs tweaking, and raids/endgame content needs added. That's the lack of progression. Or rather, the progression wall. All MMOs have them, it just seems because of the level down feature by the time you hit 80 you're like "What, really?"

But keep in mind GW2 was never about levelling. Or GW1 for that matter. It was creating skill based skill sets you like to execute and getting used to.

4. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

That's really awesome though. I have to ask you, how can I gain skill? I really want to know, if you have a website to show me or any suggestions!

5. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Don't you think after all, it has a better progression system?

6. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

Whether gw2 has a good or bad progression system depends on the person playing, and what he seeks from such a game, Casuals might like gw2's better than wow's forced raiding/gear collecting progression.

7. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

8. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

The impression could be the one you just described but I ensure you that it's not like this and if you'll keep going on with the storyline of the game you'll notice that ;)

9. peter021

peter021 Member

Indeed, that's why I'm still playing this game despite the problem many players sees..

10. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

That has been my experience because there's just a lot more to it and it is fun and full of progression.

11. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never been a fan of scaling. As you said it takes away the sense of progression if things are always nearly your strength. It also makes it harder to overcome difficult encounters. In other games where you level, if a certain quest is too difficult, you just level up a few times and then come back and try again.

12. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is exactly why GW 2 is superior to WoW, in my opinion. While WoW`s end-game content might be more exciting and varied and even more awesome, getting into a hardcore raiding guild is really hard, and only those guys really get to see all of the end-game content, while others are stuck doing easier raids over and over again. GW might not have that many raids, but you can do them easily with PUGs.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends on the way you play it, but I agree to the fact that the "progression" aspect of the game could've been much better. I don't have a problem with it though.

14. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really think that lowering your level in the lower level zones is a bad idea. In fact, it prevents the rampant PK-ing of newbies that is seen in a whole lot of other MMOs. And to be honest, you are actually a lot powerful if you are a high levelled character roaming in a lower levelled zones. It's not because of your level, rather it's because you have better kinds of equipment and runes equipped, with a lot of skills that you've unlocked since you first played through the region.

15. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I feel you bro. Your opinion really get me. But unlike you, I'm still into it.

16. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I enjoyed reading the comments here. This is the only forum I've come to read about this game. It seems it is not very popular now since I'm not seeing any newer updates this year from its players.