Do you usually play ranked or normal games?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by rightct, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Most people, just like myself, don't really like the more serious tone of the game, which is ranked queues. But I also find at the same time that I'm not rewarded accordingly for both my time and skills if I play in normal queues. What do you play: ranked or normal games?

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play normal games for fun and practice. I try different jungle gear and mix-up my champion choices. I've mastered Varus, Vayne, Heca, etc. so I rarely play them in normal games anymore and reserve them for ranked. Normal games are no stress and that's good for my health. LOL

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I catch your drift there. Most people from ranked games really take the whole thing so seriously that they swear about things you can't even imagine a human being can say to a stranger... oh, well. I can't remember the last time I played normal games though. I think it's been 3 months, haha.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a ranked kind of guy, although I wouldn't say that I'm all that good. :3

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I mostly play ranked games since I'm looking to improve my division everytime, but from time to time I play some normal games with my friends or to try out new champions.

6. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I play usually normal games. I'm not really interested in any of the competitive gaming about LoL and I must say I'm just fine like this.

7. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ranked, I just find normals a waste of time. The only time I play them is when my friends are online who can't ranked with me since our divisions are to far a part. Or when I want to try out a new champ.

8. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Normals. I hate ranked. The trolls abound in ranked. The only way I WILL ranked if is I had a full premade or a buddy to go in with. If not, I'm in normals 24/7. Arams. Doms. Normal SRs. Never ranked.

9. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I pretty much despise the serious tone of this game, and prefer to play normal games in the detriment of ranked games. Is it really worth to basically become another human being, one that swears a lot, for Gold division? Nah. It just doesn't appeal to me that much. I've tried to play one ranked game in the past just to see how it works out, and everyone took everything so seriously it was quite embarassing.

10. Varian245

Varian245 Active Member
    Regular

Personally, I play more normals than ranked. I don't like the pressure of having to be good at the game in ranked so we can win. Some people are also just very salty and will complain about every little thing. I had a Rayze who was so damn fed and was still complaining that people are taking his kills during a ranked game. He also said it's not my account so he didn't give a f**k. I don't understand some people like that. I like playing normals because players aren't so uptight about it since you only gain IP and mastery points from it.

11. p4lse

p4lse Active Member
    Regular

I would fall under the try-hard category. I love playing ranked. I feel like ranked is the place I belong. I find myself experiencing that competitive edge while playing ranked. I don't feel that rush in normal games.

12. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am pretty tryhard too and ranked stimulates me, but only until I reach a certain goal in ranking, and then it becomes generally unfun and grindy, so I also play a ton of normals for new champions/builds/strategies. I think both queues are useful in making you a well rounded player.

13. EZpwnage

EZpwnage Active Member
    Regular

Sometimes that competitive edge is just too edgy for me. I really hate playing Ranked because if I lag or feed or something goes wrong, I blame myself for it. Normals is a nicer, more casual environment where I really feel like there is pressure, but that level of pressure is more likely to make me focus more on improving my skills than self-anger if I do badly. Sure, it's not as competitive, but sometimes I feel like Ranked Matches are for applying your skills while Normals work to build them.

14. Feels Bard Man

Feels Bard Man Active Member
    Regular

The only reason I play League is because of the ranked games. Match making is quite uneven for normal games and I usually get opponents who are one or two tiers below me.Ranked games are just more intense and fun overall, as LP is as stake, you get to see people perform at their very best.

15. duke1101

duke1101 Active Member
    Regular

I personally play ranked over normals because as a player I am always striving to improve myself and I believe that ranked offers the best way to improve one's individual skill level. If all you play is normals then you miss out on so much like the all around competitive environment. Normals have a general feel that is not good for improvement and will lock you at a certain skill level unless you start playing ranked because other players you are against will be the same.

16. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am not sure ´being rewarded´ really matters in games if you just want to play casually. For me, games like LOL and Hearthstone are just quick moments to have fun, with no real long term progession in mind. If I get some gold or rewards, great, but really just playing the game in that moment is the reward. Other games that I play more seriously, then I get annoyed if I am not rewarded for my time, effort or skill.

17. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member
    Regular

I also don't like to play ranked matches. It's true that you don't get rewarded for what you do otherwise, but then again, I'm just playing it for fun. The competition between two teams in normal games is enough for me :p

18. Servace

Servace Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends. I will usually play normals during pre-season and as a warm up game before ranking , or when I am trying a new champ. I usually play rank since you will have to think more so you can play better players and learn more.

19. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on my mood, I rarely play normal games anymore. If I am not playing ranked, I am playing ARAMs. There is no benefit to me playing normals unless I want to face off against newer champions before I potentially run against them in ranked.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am mostly playing ranked games now, mostly because I feel that I am good enough now to where it is safe to go ahead and jump in. There are some times though when I have been away for a while where I will play some normal games just to get the feel back, but that does not take a long time.