Quantcast

Do you think we are close to a new elder scrolls game?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by SpartanScooter, Aug 13, 2015.

1. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

With Fallout 4 coming out this year, I was thinking that maybe next year or the year after, we will get a new Elder Scrolls game using the same engine FO4 uses (which is basically a really improved Skyrim engine).
    If it does happen, where would you like it to take place? Personally, I vote Elsweyr, as we haven't explored a jungly setting yet in an ES game. (except for the Elsweyr mod for Skyrim, of course)

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

We may get a new game in the upcoming years, it's not out of the books. That being said, I think we should hold on for the moment and see how Fallout 4 is actually going to look like.

3. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

4. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Not for a long time, but it is next in the rotation. I think that we can expect to see TES VI in 3-4 years, and I have a feeling that it will be absolutely mindblowing if Bethesda continues to improve upon their interface.

5. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

Agreed. You also have to take into consideration that TES:O is still relatively new so they are not gonna want to take the spotlight off that game for a bit. So give it at least 3-4 more years before we get an announcement. Plus with Fallout 4 on the way Bethesda is pretty busy for now.

6. Tanis

Tanis Active Member Regular

It's hard to believe Skyrim is more than 3 years old, but I expect Bethesda to be putting everything into working on Fallout 4 right now and maybe only having a small team on the next Elder Scrolls game. As much as I'd like to see another Elder Scrolls installment, I think it's better that Bethesda puts resources into one project at a time. Besides, if I'm patient, I can see an even more amazing Elder Scrolls VI a couple years down the line. I'm hoping the next one won't be The Elder Scrolls Online II, though.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I don`t think we will see another Elder Scrolls game for a few years at least. Bethesda clearly stated that they will focus on Fallout 4 for a long time, and then focus on ESO, to bring out more expansions and such. I think the soonest that we will see another real single player Elder Scrolls game will be around 2018 at the soonest.

8. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I expect to see a new game sooner rather than later (this is very relative though) despite what Bethesda are saying. New Elder Scrolls game with a brand new engine is what we need, and not a TESVI with Fallout 4 engine which is basically TESV engine and I'm all for it to wait and have them develop another groundbreaking game like Skyrim was.

9. denart10

denart10 Member Regular

Nah I don't think so. There is the Elder Scrolls online so ... It will be at least 5 years before we will anything about a new game I think. What would a new game improve on compared to older games? I am curious how they will do that.

10. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely not. Judging from all the things Bethesda has said so far, It'll be a long wait until the next ES unfortunately.

11. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

Since Bethesda just released Fallout 4, I'd say not at least until another 3 years.

12. m0ldy

m0ldy Active Member Regular

Man I hope so! Skyrim is by far the best single player RPG ever made! I love it so much. Skyrim 2 would be really cool, a continuation of the story line with the dragon born. A new race, and new class or two would make it really interesting. I could see myself being stuck on a new Skyrim for a long time :)

13. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

Sadly, they just announced that the new Elder Scrolls game will mostly likely be launched in 2020, which seems really far away.

14. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice Regular

Nah. Skyrim is four years old now, but Fallout 4 just came out, so it'll be a couple of years yet.

You are aware that there are other TES games besides Skyrim, right? In my opinion, Skyrim is actually one of the weaker games in the series. In terms of graphics maybe it's the best, but that's about it. Go play Morrowind and Oblivion and maybe even Daggerfall, then see if you still want Skyrim 2.

15. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

Hmm... Yeah storywise Skyrim is a little weak. But, you know, I love the graphics and the level of engagement.

16. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm really wishing it to have new Elder scrolls game but since there are ES online and they just released Fallout 4 last year, we won't get new game from them for few years.

17. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

Probably not for another 3-5 years - and I'm actually glad that they will be taking their time to make the best sequel as they can possibly create. I'm talking map size larger than Skyrim, longer stories, more side quests, more weapons, armor, and skills, and best of all, they can write a better overall story that encompasses all of the Elder Scrolls series. What will happen to the Thalmor? Who really won the Civil War? What happened to the Dark Brotherhood? Hopefully we get the answer to these questions, and many more, in the following game.

18. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

Unless Bethesda has indicated otherwise, this is just speculation and conjecture. I haven't read anything about a new elder scrolls title coming out.

19. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

One of the problems is that the devs who made the great games, move on, even management changes. What you end up with is the next Elder Scrolls game will be made by new people, who are just fans of the series. If there really is going to be 5 years between games, the devs who made the last one great are going to be working somewhere else.

20. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

That is true. It will be a completely different development team. It may not be very good or it could be great. There is know way to know. It wont be the same though.