Quantcast

Do you think this game would deliver it's promises?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by karamara, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

@tubestud day-1 patches are the norm now. It's not just Ubisoft that has had some issues on launch... I seem to recall GTA V having issues too when it came out, and pretty much any AAA title in the last 10 years has had a day-1 patch to fix some issues. It's just the nature of gaming in the 2010's... And probably linked to the fact that most people have high speed internet.

2. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I actually do, yes. When the trailers were first released, the game seemed incredible to me, but with time the hype train kinda slowed down and that honestly makes me happy. Better to have lower expectations and be blown away then to have high expectations and feel 'meh' when you play the game.

3. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I have faith. Like I've said multiple times in this forum, I really don't mind the delay at all. I would much rather wait a bit more than get the game now and be unable to enjoy the gaming experience the game has to offer. I think it's a really good thing that they're delaying it and I'm not disappointed at all. Still though, when it comes out I'll still be waiting a week or two before actually getting it.

4. d'arakh

Exactly. I don't mind the wait either, especially if that means a greater quality game. This isn't always the case though, and that kinda has me worried.

5. Delirium

Yeah, it's not always the case. But I try not to think about that because there's no point in focusing on the negatives over the positives, especially considering how there's a bigger chance that we're getting a greater quality game over a buggy, glitchy one.

6. d'arakh

I doubt we'd get a more glitchier game than Fallout at launch :D
    Yeah, I try to stay positive too, these delays kinda give me hope that they're choosing to make a quality product rather than a product that will make the money. I mean, it'll probably make them money either way, but they're not rushing in the quest for earning as much money and as soon as possible as they can.

7. Delirium

Haha Fallout is an absolute mess. The amount of glitch is incredible. I doubt we'll get a glitchier game than that myself, but let's not jinx it!

Yeah, it's not like they're desperate for money or anything like that. It's better to work on it longer and release a quality product and then possibly get more profit.

(Doesn't apply if your game is branded Fallout though, I swear people would literally buy that game even if it was unplayable)

8. d'arakh

Plenty of franchises like that though. I'm sure if they made buggy Call of Duty, it'd still get sales. GTA too probably.

9. Delirium

Yes, those games included. They have like a really, really rabid and fanatical following. I just mentioned Fallout because it was the only game I could think of, which shouldn't be too much of a surprise considering Fallout game content and advertisement is literally everyday these days. I do love Fallout though!

10. Rhygez

Rhygez Member

I don't mind waiting to be honest as long as it is not that buggy once it is launched but it is normal on most franchises nowadays, let's not talk about Fallout 4. To be honest I feel like indie games are less buggy nowadays (it depends which game it is) but they take less amount of effort and money compared to the AAA games.

11. d'arakh

That's a difference (and a bad one) between Fallout and GTA and Call of Duty franchises. They all put some revolutionary in their new editions, yet Fallout is the only one who made those silly glitches. Kinda embarrassing if you ask me.

12. igasmurfa

igasmurfa Member Regular

It bloody well better! If not I might just die a little bit on the inside. Kinda excited to really explore the much-touted survival aspect.

13. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

The game that had the most problems this year was Batman Arkham Knight though. The PC version is still a mess.
    Fallout 4, in my experience, was absolutely fine, had it crashing on me only once in more than 50 hours of gameplay. This is a stunning achievement for Bethesda in my opinion. Performance were mostly fine, too.
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate is fine also, and the PC version is a decent port.
    This year is weird, is what I'm saying. It subverted lots of expectations.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  14. Cyborg Superman

Maybe the publishers have finally listened and there's more budget and time put into squashing bugs. I just find it hard to stay mad at these games once the patches inevitably come and the game runs good. You end up enjoying the game and forgiving the initial bugs a bit easier when it's a really good game.

15. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Personally, I think the delayed release date actually gave them what they needed to make sure it WASN'T broken. Although I'm sure there will be a few problems at release(let's be real here, there always is, with pretty much every game) I feel like that added time will only help rather than hurt in the long run

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I truly hope so. It's a really promising game and it has a really cool premise, but then again, it's Ubisoft we're talking about here...

Whenever I think of Watch_Dogs and that game's promises, I get discouraged to buy other games from them.

17. Cyborg Superman

I don't blame you for curbing your excitement for this game, especially if you were burned with WD. Had you pre-order it? What system did you end up playing Watch_Dogs on?

18. Maelalove

See, I can agree that I was really, really disappointed with Watch_Dogs, but I'm not sure I would count out Ubisoft entirely because of it. They are a big company, and for good reason. Watch Dogs did sink more than you'd hope, but I'd like to think things like that can be turned around(not specifically Watch Dogs, but rather the way the company works and the games they produce).

19. Cyborg Superman

I actually think that they can still make something out of the Watch_Dogs franchise. The first Assassin's Creed game had a lot of potential but ultimately AC2 took everything that the first one did right and just made everything better. If they did this with WD, it would be insane.

The fact that The Division is an online game means that they'll be able to work on it more organic than a normal game, I think. This is why I feel as though even though it may not deliver on all of its promises at first, they can go back and add some stuff it that may not have launched at release.

20. Maelalove

It's possible. I barely played Watch_Dogs an all of maybe three hours before I just got bored. I tried a few more times to play, thinking i'd be interested, but I couldn't get more than maybe ten minutes into it without just giving up and moving onto another game. I feel like if others were like me with that, they probably wouldn't even give it another chance(although I tend to be pretty forgiving when it comes down to stuff like that, I'd probably try it out myself).

As for The Division, you're right that it is a different kind of work they're going to have to put into it. It makes for an easier fix, too, almost. I used to play an MMO that I brought up to a friend the other day, who started to cringe about it. He'd played it early on in the game when it had a ton of bugs and was boring, etc. But by the time I'd played it, there weren't really bugs and it was a lot more interesting. Just shows it can be turned around pretty quickly.