Quantcast

Do you think this game would deliver it's promises?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by karamara, Sep 19, 2015.

1. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

Not that there are any outrageous promises made so far, but do you think this game would deliver the goods as intended? What with the delay and the fact that it's not going to rely on the story line to keep you going, do you think this game would be as good as the demos?

I personally think this game would come out to be a positive thing since most gamers are getting tired of seeing and playing the same old games and although The Division doesn't seem to be that different from the lot, it's sure seems to be the freshest one to hit the block in the long.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I think it will be, as long as there aren't any bugs and glitches at the start. They probably delayed the release date to iron out every issue with the game, so I'm confident the game is going to be good from the get-go.

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I think it will. They haven't overpromised so far. We still have got some months to go before the release but as long as they don't do crazy things that can't be possibly in the game, and they haven't so far, it's going to be fine.

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Outside of the whole graphics debacle, I believe that it'll come out pretty close to what the developers intended it to be. It's an interesting premise, they seemed to have figured out the game mechanics and Ubisoft (in my opinion) does have a good track record when it comes to AAA games. So, yes, I think they will deliver on their promises, and that it'll be a fun game!

5. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Member Regular

I think yes it should. Not counting day one bugs and such I don't see any reason why Ubisoft would be unable to provide what has been promised.

Graphics will always be a debate but the graphics shown don't seem out of reach by any stretch of the imagination. I however will not be picking the game up on release day. If after a week the game is working fine and there isn't articles all over the web about how its a broken mess then I will 100% pick up a copy.

6. Ishmael

Speaking of release day. When The Crew came out, another Ubisoft game, I wanted to play it with a couple of friends but they keep having connection problems with the servers. After a while (by that I mean a few weeks) that got solved, but still: I'd like this not to happen with The Division, which is another online only game. I mean sure the servers are going to explode for sure at launch but still...

7. Cyborg Superman

You reminded me of why if you can stand it, it's good to wait a bit before playing MMOs... Server issues are likely to happen on day 1. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to online games.

8. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

I think it will do just fine, at least in a fair statement since most of the demos seems in line with what the game is actually trying to accomplish. Although I'm a bit wound up by the delay since that can only mean two things, but so far I think this game would be okay if not totally mind-blowingly good.

9. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

I'm happy about the delayed release date, it shows that Ubisoft are willing to delay profits in order to release a game with a much-higher standard. My only real concern at the moment is how good the PC version is going to be. There have been some comments regarding the quality of the port over to PC and the main focus of the game being on console. That is where most of the customers will come from initially so I understand that being the developers first priority as long as the PC version is as equally impressive as the console one.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  10. Cyborg Superman

My thoughts exactly, and the more I think about it, the more I'll be avoiding the PC release. Maybe down the road I'll consider it, but it really seems like this game is made for the console and ported to the PC, and not the other way around. It seems safer to play it on the intended platform instead of on a port.

11. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Every time a new game is on the horizon I try to limit my expectations. While I expect the game to deliver on some of its promises, I don't think everything we've seen will be as we expect it.

12. Ishmael

I don't think it'll be a port since the PC version got announced very soon after the game got announced. It's going to be its own build, and hopefully well optimized.

13. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

They haven't over-promised so I hope that they will deliver on what they said

14. Cyborg Superman

I really hope so. Some of my best memories of gaming are from PC games, and even though I'm mostly a console gamer when it comes to new releases these days, I still hold that platform in high regard and consider it the best one. I want the game to look and sound the best on the PC for sure.

15. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

It's hard to tell if the game will be released with every promise intact. It's still early in the development cycle and we are still having information leaked little by little. I'm fine with not being given each and every single promise; as long as the cooperative aspects of the game remain, I'll be fine. There have been games with unfulfilled promises that failed (Fable) and others that still succeeded (Destiny), but judging from what we've seen so far, the later outcome seems more likely.

Even if they can't deliver on everything they promised, they can just add more gameplay later via updates and DLC.

16. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

Right, because all we need are more DLCS. I don't think The Divison will hold up to half the promises, and if it does it'll probably have stripped down, barely functioning gadgets and mechanics they promised. I can't really predict anything yet, but I know for a fact the Division will be cutting down on features and adding them later in some kind of DLC or paid update.

17. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

It won't live all the way up to the hype. There's always problems and I'm already hearing negative things about it.

18. Cyborg Superman

Source? If you know this for a fact, you must have a personal line directly with the developers, right? Or did you mean that in your opinion this is what will happen...?

Also, can you name me one Ubisoft game that cut down features and then later added them back in as DLC?

19. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

I almost feel the same way as you Harpazo22 but once again we should simply wait till the game comes so we can actually be certain about its real quality. It's true that most video game companies will try to get us hyped with great looking scenes (usually cut-scenes), but that's it and we have to wait for the actual gameplay. I haven't decided yet if Watch Dogs (another Ubisoft game) did get a graphical downgrade, apparentley it did, but most people concluded that it wasn't made on purpose just to get us gamers pre-ordering more.

20. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member Regular

As much as I would like to be hopeful on this one, it's Ubisoft we're talking about here. They're second only to EA in releasing broken games. I remember the launch Assassin's Creed 3. Boy was it annoying. To be fair they did patch it and it got better, but still... I'd rather wait a few weeks until the devs or some players have time to fix things things up.