Do you think this game will justify all the hype?

Discussion in 'Doom 2016 Discussion' started by razer, Nov 15, 2015.

1. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

This game is being developed for a long time now and was rumored by some to have been in "development hell" for some time. Do you think it will turn out to be a good game and justify all the hype?

I think it will. Looking at the trailers it looks like a pretty good game, but at the same time I'm cautious of any game that gets stuck in development for such a long time.

2. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is such a hard topic to discuss with so little information we have available. Also, it is very hard for a game to fulfill all those high expectations fans of the franchise have for it. Reason number one why I think Half-Life 3 will never happen, they just feel like whatever they do, the game will never be as good as the fans made it out to be in their minds. Same goes for Doom, although Doom has been kept in gaming world through spin-offs and constant rumors of the new game. I personally think that they hype is overblown and if everybody would just calm down a little, they'd probably have a better time with the game when it actually comes out.

3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I've read somewhere that Valve has been working on Half Life 3 for some time now but are afraid of releasing it because of potential fan backlash.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I don't know what to expect. They may come out with an at least decent game but I don't think they're gonna be able to produce a really quality game. Not getting my hopes up, that's all.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

After looking through the trailers, I'm not sure what they're going to be doing with the game. Part of me feels like the game looks like a doom mod of Call of Duty, but I have high hopes. The game looks like it's high quality (of course) and I'm always open to trying something once. I don't want to expect anything, but I'm keeping an open mind.

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm kinda afraid of the possibility of a bad engine though. Id tech 5 sucks big time in the optimization department, and has high VRAM requirements for how the games developed on it look.

7. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I feel you. I think the possibility of a bad engine is something a handful of people are worried about. When a new game comes out of the woodwork for a reboot, it leaves excitement along with a bad taste in your mouth. The development can go one of two ways. I'm hoping it goes in the positive direction.

8. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Like other companies, ID is trying to skimp on and save money on PC development. ID Tech 5 ran decent on consoles as far as I know but not on PC. The possibility of the new engine not running well is pretty real.

9. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I sure hope so because it has had a lot of hype and delayed development, you'd think they'd have it all together when it finally releases.

10. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It looks impressive from the gameplay I have seen and hope it works out as this can get even some new people to the game and they may try, and play the original ones to get a feel of the game. I enjoyed how it was shown and also think that this game may get good reviews from the critics, and also reckon that it will be nice to see the whole game next year. I hope that this game will be awesome and we get to see huge beasts or large monsters which can cause some people to have fear.

11. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

You'd think but this game was in development hell for quite some time so you never know.