Do you think Minecraft PvP takes skill?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Whitewolf2578, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Refreshes

Refreshes Member

The PvP on Minecraft has a small skill gap. Of course you need diamond swords and armor in order to assure your many victories but you also need to know about your hit distance, how to strafe, drop down lava, push people into lava, escape, etc. It definitely doesn't compare to the skill of WoW arena though.

2. Aakash

Aakash Member

Well it's pretty clear cut. Of course it takes some element of skill. This is why some people are good and PvP and others aren't. Factors like keyboard and mouse setups probably make a negligible difference. There are those who play the survival games servers and win every time, game after game, so there must be something that they are doing right

3. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

I think it takes some skill to be able to get the first hit and maintaining the higher damage output, but aside from that, not really.

4. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think it takes too much skill. Maybe a little bit of keyboard and mouse control skills, but that's it. It all comes down to who has the better weapons and armor in the end.

5. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are some games like Champions on mineplex, where there are different classes with different abilities, and I think this does make the game more skill based, but it does seem like whoever has the best items will pretty much always win.