Do you think Minecraft PvP takes skill?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Whitewolf2578, Jun 5, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

I think it all goes on a player by player basis. I consider myself skilled and can womp some people with no armor or enchantments. I think it just depends who you are playing with. Some people play with honor while some have none.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nah, I think not. You need an armor with enchantments to be a great player.

3. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member
    Regular

I dont think the pvp in minecraft is that good\takes pvp. Its just about whoever lags less.

4. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

Not really. Sometimes it's just pure luck on certain occasions. As sometimes you'll hit or not hit for no reason at all. It matters on your armour and enchantments.

5. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

There's skill involved in very competitive servers for PvP. You'll have to use at least some creative tactics in order to surprise an opponent and kill them. It's not always as easy as running up and slashing away.

6. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Well-Known Member
    Regular

No there is not much skill involved with it. The winner of any pvp battle is whoever got the first hit in, because it is just taking turns slashing at each other. It either opponent has enchanted armour, then their is absolutely no skill involved.

7. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

It can be turned into a skill thing, for example Dominate on mineplex has different items that give different abilities, which make the game much more about skill than vanilla gameplay is.

8. Primalclaws1974

Primalclaws1974 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. You dress for success. Armor and weapons means everything in Minecraft. Other MMORPGs definitely take skill, because there are so many different fighting styles, abilities, spells, and defenses. Minecraft looks like a kid's game, and as a fighting game it most certainly is.

9. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I think it does require some skill in a way. You have to time your attacks... kind of. If you mistime it, you'll miss every swing against your opponent. Plus, blocking does take some timing as well.

10. troutski

Regular

Other games have nothing to do with the skill required to PvP in Minecraft, since this isn't a comparison. A lack of features or a plethora of features in combat doesn't mean more or less skill is required to play that particular game.

11. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

Minecraft certainly requires some skill in order for you to be good at PvP. Perhaps not as much as other games, but still. I've fought against stronger guys a lot and, even if we've both had the same armor and weapons, they've won because they were superior. You need to be fast and know when to attack and when to dodge, and when to flee, as well.

12. troutski

Regular

^ Exactly. There are still those times when someone with a wooden sword and no armor can kill you when you're fully decked out. It never makes sense, but it happens.

13. primaLucid

primaLucid Well-Known Member
    Regular

Although some may refer to Minecraft PvP as just spam clicking, there is some skill involved. There are PvP tactics like strafing or comboing. Being effective with a bow is also difficult and takes an extensive amount of practice to master.

14. Maxx Johnson

Maxx Johnson Member

I don't think it takes skill. I think it just takes a lot of mashing of buttons, jumping for critical hits, and constant running in circles around your prey/enemy.

15. Marcu_s

Marcu_s Member

I don't think it's soley skill, but somebody who's never played a PvP server will obviously lose to someone with some experience. In my case, I've always looked for PvP based servers, and one that really I got really hooked on was called "Hungercraft". It's basically a simulation of the Hunger Games trilogy; by the time I had played in over 30 matches, I could usually be one of the finalists without too much trouble.

16. estherjoy

estherjoy Member

I feel like it takes me skills then i think it does.. Because i never win even with full diamond armor. Maybe because I'm on a track pad? I really don't know. Or i just suck! lol But really no it doesnt take THAT much skill.

17. RobertNick

RobertNick Member

Yes, it does. Takes quite a bit a skill to take down a good player, and sometimes really takes some strategy too.

18. troutski

Regular

And you can go for critical hits/surprise attacks, too.

19. Lucas

Lucas Active Member
    Regular

Agree. I used to be a good archer in this game and I can tell you guys that even without any good armor, I knew how to kill the hardest players with their diamond gear. It's all about traps, location, etc. The other thing which matters is avoiding enemy attacks and using potions. They are really powerful ones.

20. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I'm sure that it requires some skill, but I don't think it requires much. The game is much too jumpy for it to be a real skill based fight. I don't play PvP at all so my experiences with fighting other people have been limited to someone getting pissed cause I accidentally hit them with a pickaxe.