Do you think it will be on sale again?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars' started by llfsa, Jun 27, 2015.

1. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

I just got my desktop PC and I was looking forward to start playing GW2 and recently found out it has been on sale. Do you reckon it will be again any time soon?

2. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, there's a good chance there will be a sale. If you're looking to buy it they might have a sale around Sept-Oct. There should definitely be a Guild Wars 2 sale during December. If anything I think you should wait until the new expansion pack for the game comes out so you can get it for the full price.

3. rubinblau

rubinblau New Member

Probably. It's still played a lot, even though it has been around for quite a while. A sale will bring in new players, who might have heard of it but weren't sure if they were willing to spend the money on the full-priced game.

4. Nvok

Nvok New Member

Yeah, I feel like there's definitely gonna be a sale when the expansion comes out, its what pretty much every other MMO does. I just hope it's $10 again, I've got a few friends that'll play at that price.

5. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Yeah, an especially good chance after the expansion is out (like I think it is) I believe they'll run sales on the base game to lure people into buying the DLC(or expansion in this case, as it is).

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, but you're going to have to wait for a while since the new expansion is coming out and they'll probably lower the prices then.

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Yup. Either that or keep an eye on ANY holiday. Their sales tend to be insane, getting both for half off or a bundle or something.

DominusMali likes this.
  8. DominusMali

DominusMali New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting on a sale. I've owned it in the past but lost my information and have had zero success with customer service; just waiting for it to be affordable to jump back in.

Until then, there's some free-to-play fare that isn't all that bad. Might be worth checking out while you bide your time.

9. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Not any soon sadly. I bought it like two weeks ago and I must say I am quite enjoying it even tough I don't really think I will finish the characters slot because after a while map completation and exploring becomes really boring. By the way I hope to see some discounts also for the acquiring the gems. Tha touwld be really cool.

10. Zarentu

Zarentu Active Member

A lot of people don't play it regularly, so I am pretty sure it will go on sale again because Anet actually cares about their customers. Just wait around for a little bit and then it should pop back up. If there was a way I would give you my game for free, I don't play it anymore because it got so tedious that after you cap, you have to force yourself to do something.

11. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think they might put the game on sale around the launch of the expansion, or just before it, that would make sense as a way to gain popularity and get people to purchase the expansion, but there's no way to know when they'll put it on sale next. It's bound to happen again eventually, though.

12. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I imagine sales right around the MAJOR holidays as well.

13. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes absolutely, so, I wouldnt rush to buy.

14. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Keep an eye out prior to expansions and Black Friday/Cyber Monday. They usually go for dirt cheap then.

15. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

The last time GW2 was on sale for like 75% off was before the expansion was released. Probably trying to get people to play and buy the expansion. Although in the end they gave you GW2 if you purchased HoT, so whatever.

So I would just keep an eye out. Make sure you are on their email list cause they send out emails advertising the game. Keep up to date on the game and various forums and you might catch it on sale. :)