Do you play other MOBAs? Will you still play it after this one comes out?

Discussion in 'BattleCry Discussion' started by Ishmael, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

MOBAs are games that take a lot of your time if you want to play it decently because you have to follow the meta that constantly changes update after update.
    So say this game comes out and you like it a lot, are you still going to play the MOBA you were playing before, or are you going to switch to this one? I mean sure you could play both but it's not the same, you would miss some stuff from both games, there's not enough time... :p

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, the only MOBA I'm playing at the moment is League of Legends and after 5 years of hard work, money and time put into it I'm not going to give up on it. I'm pretty high-ranked, I have a good competitive team and we've been winning some amateur tournaments! :p

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's really cool. Well I wouldn't give up either in a situation like that!
    Personally I've tried several MOBAs but I haven't stick with any of them, so that's an easy choice for me if I want to keep playing this one that's coming.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I can stick with both and anyone should have no problem doing that. :p Of course, I'll play League of Legends more because of team management and scrims but I'll hop on Battlecry as well.

5. mooray

mooray Active Member

I will definitely with the new one but I would still be open to stick to 'old-school'. Why can't just stick to one type of MOBA and just make it simple? Must they complicate the whole thing?

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, MOBAs don't need to be overly-complicated. As long as they're decent in terms of graphics and gameplay people will feel attracted to them, of course they need something that will put them above the competition.

7. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tried playing DOTA 2 and I really sucked at it, and never got better, so i gave up on it. Then I got SMITE after a friend told me too and i played that for probably a bit longer than DOTA 2.

8. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Play DOTA, battlecry will have to be really good for me to put DOTA down fully.

9. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's cool to hear your hard work has payed off. I've never invested enough time to play at a really high level. I wish I had more time to play.

10. erook7878

Regular

how does DOTA stack up with SMITE? I have played neither one, but have watch videos of gameplay and it looks pretty intense. I need to get my hands on one of those games.

11. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Well-Known Member
    Regular

Of course I will still keep playing the games I play but I would give this a try to make it my main though, even if I don't like it I will give it time to see how it works and all that stuff as for the other MOBAS, I've been playing them a for a while so it shouldn't matter if I leave them for a little period of time.

12. rajesh

rajesh Active Member

No, I would not play MOBA after game after it comes out. People like the games a lot but I am not addicted to it at all. I would stick to Battlecry.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on how far you're willing to go, but I don't play a lot throughout the day, maximum 3 or 4 hours. The trick is that I spend a lot of time analysing my gameplay, researching strategies, theory-crafting and the likes, you need to be motivated!

14. erook7878

Regular

I watch a lot of streamers and gameplay videos. It helps with my game and it just fun to see new strategies and moves. I've seen my game improve a lot.

15. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play a lot of MOBAs and honestly don't see it necessary to make it an exclusive thing, it isn't like I'm trying to become a pro-gamer on any of them. That will be the case with battlecry, it is just another game to get some fun whenever I feel like playing it :p

16. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play Dota 2 and League of Legends, and I gotta say I'm pretty addicted to the genre. There is a strange attraction to these types of games, as there can be no same match up. All heroes have their counters, all items have their own weaknesses. That's the beauty of it, when you play you get a new and interesting game each and every time, and with updates everywhere, it's really easy to get lost in the meta of the game and, at the end, you have to relearn and adapt to the new changes with every update made for the game.