Do you love video game music?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by fuumarumota, Jan 27, 2016.

1. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a gamer who loves music... or am I a musician who loves games? Who knows. The thing is that video games made me become a musician, I just wanted to cover all those great tunes in a musical instrument, which in my case is the guitar.

From the moment I had Mega Man 2 to play it in my NES, the soundtrack made me crazy. From that moment I knew I loved music and wanted to learn it.

Do you love music, and more specifically, video game music?

2. Ridge

Ridge Active Member
    Regular

My hates how much I like video game music, it is the only music I listen to.

My daughter on the other hand loves driving around with me while video game music plays.

3. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do love video game music especially Mario's theme music, Castle Clash game music and even Ragnarok's theme music. I find them playing in my head constantly. And when I remember them, it's an automatic that I hear their songs in my head. It brings me memories of my childhood especially with Mario and Ragnarok since Castle Clash is a newer game.

fuumarumota likes this.
  4. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Love Video Games OST's Im listening to the Bastion OST right now as we speak. Favorite ones probably have to be either Persona 3's, Bastion, Dark Chronicle, Pokemon Gold and Silver and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

fuumarumota likes this.
  5. daredevil

Regular

Oh, I forgot about Pokemon's theme song, that one's addictive too. The game and the show theme song, both of them really.

I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause
    Pokemon! Gotta catch them all!
    It's you and me
    I know it's my destiny

LOL.

SolaNova likes this.
  6. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member
    Regular

I love music and especially game music. I have actually started to prefer game music over most music that plays nowadays.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, most of the video games I play have a decent soundtrack, so I love that! RPGs with fitting songs are a joy to play!

8. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pokemon!
    Oh you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend

In the Pokemon XY anime series they brought back and updated/remixed the original theme song. And in the first Pokemon XY movie they updated the entire song. It is surprisingly amazing

daredevil likes this.
  9. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I admit I never really paid much attention to the background music of most games I've played before but now I've gained a bit more appreciation for them. Mostly I still just like the music in the classic games I've played like in Nintendo and Sega but most of them I'm only starting to notice now, even in my favorite games like classic Street Fighter.

10. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

I generally don't seek out video game music unless I was genuinely impressed while playing the game. Some notable OSTs I've liked include the Wind Waker, Mother 3/Earthbound, the music from The Elder Scrolls III onward, and the latest addition would have to be Undertale. Pokemon games tend to have good music as well, but they become very repetitive after a while. I also had the Escape from the City song stuck in my head for about a month if that counts as well.

11. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely. I've been listening to a lot of video game music lately. I just finished Transistor, so I've been listening to that soundtrack a lot. (Absolutely amazing game.) I also just finished Undertale a few weeks ago. I'm absolutely obsessed with the soundtrack. My favorite tracks are probably Death by Glamour, Fallen Down, and ASGORE. Can hardly believe that all of it was composed by a single guy.

12. daredevil

Regular

Hahaha! I loved it when you added the lyrics! Oh, I'm not familiar with the new Pokemon really. It's good to know that they still included the original song since it is fitting anyway.

13. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I personally love a couple of the music from video games, though I usually prefer a more instrumental version of them if they have lyrics.