Quantcast

Do you expect the game to be broken at launch?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Ishmael, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member Regular

More often than not, blockbuster video games tend to ship incomplete.

Sometimes that means the game needs an update the minute you pop it into your console; sometimes it means the polish and promise of a game won't arrive for days or weeks; sometimes it means the game is completely broken until an update can be sent out. Lots of games are like this, the one that comes to mind the most is GTA 5, which had an unplayable multiplayer for WEEKS until they finally fixed it. In games like CoD, guns are horribly unbalanced at the start with a few that stand miles above the others. Other notable examples are the newest Ubisoft games, Assassin's Creed Unity released with at least two dozen problems, according to the developer, and Far Cry 4 has had to ask some gamers to delete and reinstall the game to fix problems.

They set deadlines that they almost always don't meet, but when they're creating triple A games then I guess they're a lot of work.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I wasn't thanking them, I said that they were attempting to make it right and admitted they messed up. At some point we have to realize that there are human beings on the other side too and humans make mistakes. No publisher is perfect, and I'm not excusing that a game is broken at launch but ultimately every game you've listed I, along with thousands of people, have successfully been able to play them. That has to count for something.

3. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I'm probably a little bit too optimistic, but no. I think it'll do just fine. There'll most likely be a few bugs here and there (pretty sure every game have them when they were just released), but nothing that makes the game completely broken and unplayable.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Hell yes. It's Ubisoft, none of their launches went well during the past two or three years. Hell, some of their games are still a buggy mess months or even years later, and I don't see this game being any exception to the rule.

5. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

I'm laughing at the people claiming it's going to be a "bug free release". Seriously? Has no one learned from previous Ubisoft games? They're always filled with DLC, bugs, and microtransactions. The Division will probably be the same, and have a major graphics downgrade. The past few games Ubisoft have shoved out have really ruined their reputation, and I don't feel as if I can trust them at all anymore. I'm going to be waiting a month or two before even thinking about buying The Division.

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, in my experience at least, was surprisingly bug-free overall. So there's hope that Ubisoft won't mess it up ever again with one of their games. I think they've learned their lesson after AC Unity, and since The Division has been delayed so much it just means that the game will be out when it's ready.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  7. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I've purchased every single AC game other than Unity and Syndicate and have had very minor bugs with any of them. Granted, I wasn't part of the Unity debacle, but from what I understand these have been pretty much fixed. That's hardly "filled with bugs".

DLC is just the way of gaming now, so complaining about it seems useless. It's completely optional, and usually goes on sale fairly quickly. In fact, I just got Freedom Cry for free, so I can't really complain. There's actually been some great DLC come out and it's really helped prolong my play time with some games, so I'm not so opposed to it as you are, I guess.

Which micro-transactions are you talking about?

8. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Also let's be serious for a moment. No one even cares about DLCs, right? They're often not great content at all. At least the ones that Ubisoft makes are all things that you can leave where they are without looking back. They're just little incentives but they're actually useless most of the times. Other than being angry myself at the fact that they're cutting content from the game and selling it separately as DLC, I've never even cared about what that content actually was. Most of the times it's just mediocre stuff.
    But, for example, I've bought the Witcher 3 expansion they put out recently because it's actually a very interesting story quest. And I'm quite happy I've done so and I'll probably buy all the future expansions they're going to release in the future. So it all depends on whether or not they're actually worth it. And most of the times, with Ubisoft games, they're not.
    Freedom Cry is a standalone game, so it doesn't count as DLC.

9. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

With so much delay I would be really mad if this game came broken at launch. There's just no excuse to have us wait three years for a game (and not to mention that they actually showed a rather stable version when they unveiled the game) and then to have a glitchy game. Especially since the big focus in on online co-operation, and that stuff require some good communication. I don't know, the game is pretty ambitious, but it's still no excuse to launch a broken game.