Quantcast

Do you expect the game to be broken at launch?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Ishmael, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Because you know, Ubisoft. And it's an online only game.
    Do you have any hope that the game is going to be fine at launch? Because I'm really afraid that it will have problems, especially on PC. But do you think otherwise? And why?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

The game has been delayed probably to fix some bugs, so I'd say we will have a mostly bug-free release. There will be issues of course, but the beta should patch up most of the problems with it.

3. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

Well the game looks pretty nice so far but I'm not going to get my hopes high for a stutter free release. Looking at some of Ubisoft's games, although most of the time they're fine, most of them are really buggy and has some technical issues pestering the players.

For consoles, I think the release would be smooth as it goes but for PC, I'm not so sure since Ubisoft is pretty notorious when it comes to PC. It feels like they don't even care about having a PC release, just take a look at some of the AC games on PC. Most of them are either buggy or not optimized for smooth performance.

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I can pretty much bet you anything that there will be a day-1 patch. That's a guarantee and expected these days. I'm OK with it. It's also a static, online MMO, so it'll probably get updates, add-ons and patches on a fairly regular basis. That's just par for the course. I don't expect it to be broken but it'll get an update.

5. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

Broken ? After delaying the launch date ? I would sincerely hope not or what would be the point of the delay ? Theres user beta testing coming up in December for Xbox1 users which will uncover the more subtle bugs and there will inevitably be an early patch to sort out those obscure little details that developers always seem to miss, but I'm pretty sure The Division will be a long way from broken when its finally released.

6. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I expect all AAA titles to be broken at launch. It's not a big deal. It just means I'll be waiting until a later time to play the game, while I find something else to do. I am unsure why some people are so worked up on Day 1 bugs. It would make sense, considering the complexity of it created through human hands. Why would people expect anything beyond that? This isn't Pong you know?

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm sure there will be glitches here and there, but for the most part it should be fine. I don't think any game is perfect.

8. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

Well it's an MMO so I expect things to be a little bit iffy but that's what the delays are for. I hope not though, I mean the game looks promising and so far it feels a bit fresh compared to what most MMO's.

There would probably be one or two glitches here and there (maybe more!) but let's just hope that those glitches would just be minor and not game breaking.

9. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

Simple answer. Yes, I Do.

Ubisoft is gaining a track record on not only broken games at launch, but then still being broken years later. Hip Hip.

10. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Yes. They will release on their marketing departments suggested date. Bugs or no bugs!

11. Cyborg Superman

Honestly? I've been able to get through every single Ubisoft game I've ever played. The first Assassin's Creed had a bug at the end the first time I played, and I lost an hour or so redoing the same thing over but apart from that, I've had no issues with any of the AC games, or Watch_Dogs, or anything else. Sure, maybe a glitch here or there, but nothing game breaking or long amounts of time wasted due to having to redo a part. Certainly no bugs that have made the game unplayable.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think it will be broken, but it might have a few problems at first, like a lot of games do. I can't be sure it won't be broken though, but I'm hoping for the best.

13. SinisterSpydio

I think that it changes with each person, as each player plays the game in a different way and also anything can happen to anyone.

14. Cyborg Superman

Oh for sure, it does vary especially since everyone has a pretty unique setup in terms of PCs. With the different video cards, hardware, etc., there are bound to have issues. I'm just saying from personal experience, and I've played a LOT of Ubisoft games, my bugs have been minimal. I just think Ubisoft gets a bad rap sometimes because it's the cool thing to do, like EA when in fact their games aren't nearly as bad as people claim.

15. Ishmael

Maybe you're right into thinking that the hate Ubisoft and EA get is exaggerated, but it's good that people point out problems inside their games when it's needed even if they are generally amplified when they complain. Also, recently EA is doing actually fine: they're announcing the games people want like Mirror's Edge and Battlefront and last year they did good with games like Dragon Age, they're actually trying to fix things within their company and stuff and they seem to actually care about what customers are saying.

Ubisoft on the other hand came out last year with a bunch of broken triple A games that even contained microtransactions and stuff like that. It's normal that the community is even now a bit toxic. If their games coming out this year are good and work fine for most people, people will be happy again seeing that Ubisoft care about their fans. Because what people need is proof, and that translates into games that people can play and are fun to play. It's that simple really.

16. Cyborg Superman

I guess it just goes to show that any publisher can be the villain or the hero depending on their last release. A coworker of mine used to love saying that "you're only as good as your last performance", meaning that you can do amazing for years, but you have one bomb and people will turn on you.

EA has been releasing good games ever since they started, same with Ubisoft. Not every game will be to everyone's taste, but they've still not truly released anything recently that was so different from previous years. I guess if you didn't like Dragon Age 2, then EA is crap. If you don't like that NHL or FIFA comes out every year, EA is crap. Now that they're releasing Battlefront (which we don't know if it'll be good or not) EA is AWESOME!

What were Ubisoft's "bunch of broken AAA games"? I'm guessing you mean AC: Unity? Yeah, they've admitted that it was a mess, but have worked hard on making it right. They've offered compensation and free games to make up for it, and I'm sure they've learned. But one game doesn't mean a bunch.

17. SinisterSpydio

"Ubishit"

18. Cyborg Superman

What an insightful post! I'm curious to know why you'd call them that considering I've seen you post about a number of games that you've enjoyed from Ubisoft. Is it just a love-hate type situation?

19. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

I'm hoping for a bug-free release, but I can't help but think there will be some issues. I've always had issues with Ubisoft, sadly.

20. Ishmael

Many people also had problems with Far Cry 4 and they may not be as bad as Unity (almost nothing beats the problems Unity had at launch, anyways) but they were problems nonetheless. They also had Watch Dogs which had a looot of problems (on PC especially), but it was most of all a disappointing game for many. And they even screwed up when they were bringing a Tetris game, which was filled with problems and bugs and performance problems (ON A TETRIS GAME).
    Not to mention how they were acting like everything was fine and they had absurd justifications for everything they did. And after all that, they still put microtransactions on games like Unity at launch even though it was not a product ready for customers.
    The fact that they gave away stuff to make up for the problems shouldn't be a thing to thank them for or anything, it's a given at that point since they lied to their own customers, it shouldn't happen and that's it.

That's why I'm saying that Ubisoft is not doing good for now to the eyes of their customers, compared to EA. But they have a chance to redeem themselves if they don't screw up the games they're publishing this year and the next. It's really that simple, just make good games that work. :p