Do you create male or female characters?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 11, 2015.

1. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lol... that is a nice plan. I think I'll give it a try soon and see how it works. I remember I had created a fake fb profile back when I was in college and it got hundreds of requests each week, which was strange. If only I could figure out a way to monetize the traffic.

2. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, for example, I used to have an elf in a game named MU online, do not really know if you have ever heard about it, well the thing is that I used to level her up and basically make her strong, I used to take advintage of that and pretend I was a girl IRL, I mostly used to hook up with a single player to get everything I could from him, however sometimes that was useless, funny days.

3. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I tend to create two of them, one male and the other female. :p

Why male? Because I like to Role Play, and it just feels a bit... awkward role-playing as a female.

And why a female character? Because in more MMOs than not, female armors just look sexier than male ones (NOT including the games where it's almost non-existent), and just as OP said, it's just aesthetically pleasing for me to look at a female model if I'm investing hundreds of hours into a game.

4. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Female characters because I do enjoy a little fanservice every now and then.

5. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I stick with males. There is something awkward about playing a female character for me, I feel bad for girls that play team fortress. Can't identify with em

6. kaiserflame

kaiserflame Member
    Regular

It depends. If the male models look good then why not. But since it seems like the character designers prefer to make the female models more pleasing to look at I tend to make female characters. And, as Azrile had said, freebies.

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a guy, so whenever I create characters in any game, I really don't think I'd pick a female character, unless it's a predetermined gender for a certain hero class (like Diablo 2), because I want to feel like I am the character, and having a female character wouldn't be so realistic when playing the game. That's why I don't even go for elven characters or alien races, as I really can't put myself in their shoes unless the character is a male and a human. That's how I can truly be engaged in the game.

8. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

For me, I prefer to create male characters since I am male and like basing characters off myself of animated characters.

9. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer to have male character. Because I am male. And I want to project myself as one. I don't like playing female characters. That's why I don't like lara croft games either.

10. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

It all depends with someone's preference. As for me, any gender can do.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most of the time I probably do go with male but every now and then it is nice to have the female characters take over. I guess it just depends on the circumstance and how I am feeling at that time.

12. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually used to create a male character because I find it cool, and also using female character sometimes.

13. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly, I agree with this.

14. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am a woman and I always create or choose male characters. I like to create a male version of me. When the character can do the things I want to execute in a game without other members knowing that they are playing with a girl. I once experience before to be remove in a League because I'm a girl and my character is also a girl. They always underestimated my abilities to play, and I'm very offended by that. That's why I like creating male characters.

15. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always choose female as my character's gender mainly because I'm a female.

16. Lissiel

Lissiel Member
    Regular

Since I'm a girl I created a female character too. I want to appreciate what my character looks like while I'm playing. It's not that I don't appreciate the males, I just love more the style of the female especially their costumes. The looks of the male character are slightly boring for me too unlike the female who has a lot more beautiful fashion. In short, that's why I like the female character, is because of their looks.

17. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I create male characters more often because i love the design and weapons. I also think that the features and moves of male characters are within my specifications that's why i usually use them.

18. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member
    Regular

lol pleasurable, i do but create both characters

19. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

My personal preference is to create the male characters. And though unless it is really wanted, I dont want to play or create female characters.

20. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member
    Regular

I select female characters too and treat her like a girlfriend LOL. I grind and do quests with her all the time, so it somehow feels like it. It's boring to see a male character on your screen for an extended period.