Do you create male or female characters?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 11, 2015.

1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would choose female characters if they look good in that particular game.
    Sometimes when the race I choose to play have ugly female characters, then in such case I'd go for male characters.

The appearance of the characters matters to me when they are in the full view.

By the way, have you heard of the other meaning of MMORPG?
    It is Many Men Online Role Play Girls. :D

2. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

I'm female and I create female characters. I don't know I just feel weird playing a male character being female.

I never got free stuff ever being a girl though. :( Probably cause I never choose the sexy armor. lol:p

3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Only males in MMORPGs, but sometimes females in ordinary RPGs. I'm a male myself so I generally create male characters.

#43 razer, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  4. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends on the character type and class, because I think some races for example, in WoW i used to make my elves female only, because I didn't like the way males looked. Sometimes it just fits the lore and theme.

5. p4lse

p4lse Active Member
    Regular

Mostly male characters. I get to relate myself to the character even more and tend to find that a bit more realistic. I guess it comes of habit when I started playing in the earlier stages.

6. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I have no knowledge of games that actually emphasize either role that much, to be honest. My choice is purely arbitrary. I don't choose male or female characters just because I'm either one of them, haha.

7. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends really. It's a role playing game and I like playing a different role. When there are multiple races available, then I choose any of those except human 'cause I've been role-playing a human my entire life haha :D If there are no races other than human then I might choose a female.

8. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Male characters because I'm male. I never understood the whole "I'd rather stare at a girl for hours" because it's a cartoon.

9. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member
    Regular

Male character for me (I'm male). Sure staring at a girl is nice, but the novelty wears off after a few minutes and you're left with a character that feels disconnected to you.

Maelalove likes this.
  10. RabidRabbit

RabidRabbit Member
    Regular

I check how the char look before I decide if I'll make it male or female. Can you imagine a male wizard in Ran? They look so... weird.

11. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

As a female gamer, I connect more with my female characters. I do have a couple males in my WoW list, mostly because I thought up cool names and rolled with it. Even though the male characters look more....realistic, armor-wise, I just.....I don't know. I like sticking to my own.

12. AsiaCS

AsiaCS Member
    Regular

I'm a female and my characters are female. I feel weird when some games force you to play as a male character, like Assassin's Creed. I've created a male character before on WoW, but he got deleted because it was weird. Lol

13. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Both. I like making strong female fighters and smart male mages and so on and so forth. I enjoy making characters in general as long as they look good to me, so I spend a long time creating the character. Sure I role play but I don't play as a reflection of myself, I like making up personalities.

14. leahcim132

leahcim132 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Male because I am a male and I like to reflect my character based upon me. Sometimes I would make a female character as my alternate account but my main is always a male.

15. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm female, and I always create female characters. I personally like making my characters look pretty or bad ass, and I just don't get that out of the guys for whatever reason(considering bad ass is definitely a type you can make a guy look, haha).

16. DeathXXXXGun

DeathXXXXGun Member
    Regular

The only reason I have ever created a Female character, me being a male, was when I realized that the body proportions in Skyrim got smaller as a woman! That aided in less chance of being hit! haha But, I generally chose to be a male!

-DeathXGun

17. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

You make a valid point, DeathXXXXGun. In WoW, felafel characters take up a lot less screen space, cutting down on visibility issues. Although if I'm raiding with my husband, he complains that my female blood elf gets lost past his male Tauren. I try to tell him he needs to shrink!

18. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always make female characters in games, especially MMORPG. If I'm going to play a game for hundred of hours, I'd prefer to look at the back of a female character. ;)

I've also found that a lot of people assume (or should I say hope) that you're a "real" woman, which is funny and also comes with perks. I play DCUO as a female character, I never lie to people claiming that I'm really a guy but I never volunteer the info either... I get free stuff constantly just because my avatar is "hot". Hey, I'm not going to complain or say no, but it's funny that people assume.

Some guy kept pressing me asking if I was a real girl, I said "Yes, not only am I a real girl but I look exactly like my character and I'm dressed the exact same way currently"... Weirdly enough, it didn't deter him even though I'm clearly being sarcastic... some people are weird.

19. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

I feel like you should speak to the dozens of men I've talked to about this, haha. It's always the same argument: "If I'm gonna be staring at an ass for hours, it's going to be one I want to look at." /Sigh

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I had never really thought about it much before, but I create both. I guess it is kind of interesting to think about why I would create a male or a female character versus the other, but certainly it has to do with the game and maybe how I am feeling at that particular moment in time. I do tend to think that I lean more male though, probably because I am a male so it is just more common.