Do you buy skins?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Astdua, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

So I personally think that most skins are kind of a waste, but every once in a while I see riot release a skin just so awesome as a concept and design with animations etc. that I practically feel compelled(curse you PROJECT: Zed)

So what is your stance, are you a skin junkie, or you give them those sweet RP in moderation?

2. Feels Bard Man

Feels Bard Man Active Member
    Regular

I only buy skins for champions that I play a lot, ie those that I have more than 50k mastery points in and am still eager to play them. While I get attracted to skins all the time (the Snowday skins especially Bard and Syndra is crazily good), I still manage to convince myself not to get them simply because I have tried those champions and do not like their gameplay, and a skin won't be able to change my opinion anyways.

Being the third year in playing in this game, I currently own 4 skins. I guess that is pretty average for a player?

3. duke1101

duke1101 Active Member
    Regular

I like to buy skins but not too much as it will drain my wallet dry. I am a person who buys skins very rarely and if I do it is for a skin that I deem cool looking and worth my money. I also only buy skins for champions that I play because I don't see the point in buying a skin that you will never use.

4. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, don't remind me, pretty please! Back then, I used to want absolutely any skin that was on sale, and my addiction got so bad that I eventually arrived to the point of having spent around $500, in a matter of, what, 5 months? $500 is thrice the minimum wage in my country for a month, and I spent it in 5 months. Shame on me, really.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only spent ~50$ on skins, and I have around 20-25 of them. I always buy what I like when it's on sale, never bought full price. I'm a cheapskate but I get the job done! :p

6. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member
    Regular

I don't like spending a lot of money on skins, but there are some discounts that can convince me. For example if there's a Cho'gath skin on sale, I'm more inclined to buy it because his skins make it look like an entirely new champion, and I also play him a lot.

7. mopli

mopli Active Member
    Regular

I usually don't buy skins but when I do they're most likely on sale. If I really like a champion and I'm good with it (very important factor :)) then I try to get some nice skin. The skin really helps sometimes in games as it can be used as a scare mechanism. People are usually very impressed when you have a skin and are very scared of you when you have a skin. So sometimes I get a skin for the champions I can play really good :)

8. Potatoman

Potatoman Member
    Regular

I personally don't buy skins. I don't really see the point in them. I guess some people may like to have something different about their champion but the appearance doesn't phase me all that much

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are some skins which also improve the skills and emotes, I guess that makes the gameplay more enjoyable. I would understand if people paid for that, but not for just changed pixels.

10. Servace

Servace Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only buy skins on champions I feel like I am really good at and mastered. I have all the skins for blitzcrank (including rusty) , and I have all taric skins. Once I feel like I mastered a champion I will buy a skin to feel accomplished.

11. maddomo

maddomo Member
    Regular

I've never bought a skin before, as I prefer not to spend any money. Anyways, its fun to play with normal skins too haha, maybe they will underestimate you ;)

12. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

I'm too cheap to spend money on F2P games, and when I spend money on F2P games (doesn't happen that often, not often at all actually) I only do it on things that can enhance my performance. A skin wouldn't bring me anything new so I never spent RP on a skin. Easy as that. That being said, I still enjoy the skins I have received from my friends and the Victorious skins from each season.

13. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love skins and think way more games should have them, but they should be more customizable. That's where it's at. I wanna make my exogunbladecannon launcher look like a frozen smokey iridescent galaxy black wondermachine that strikes hearts into the fear of everyone near me

14. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually, I've never spent money on this game. I mean, some skins are pretty cool, but I'd rather spend my money on other things. Maybe some day. Never say never.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that skins are a good way to really customize the game, and I might consider buying them for some games that I spend a lot of time on, but this is just not one of those games for me. That just means that it is not worth the money for me, but for others it might be.

16. Hot n Juicy

Hot n Juicy Member
    Regular

I really like skins, but I rarely buy them. I've been playing this game since season 1 and probably spent max $50 on it. Luckily I have some good friends that buy me mystery gift which I'm very thankful for.

17. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

Hey, that's a great way to support the game as well as get the skins you really want while not hurting your wallet that much. $50 since season 1 until now is like what, $10 per season? That's money well spent on a game you enjoy.

18. MarsL9

MarsL9 Member
    Regular

To be honest, I've probably spent a couple hundred on League already but not just the skins. I've bought them for name changes, more rune pages, and even more name changes. I've also noticed that I buy a lot of RP when mystery gift comes around. I love gifting other people but I also love the mystery aspect of it and whether they get a good skin or a bad one. Most of the time I actually hope for a bad one so my mates and I can have a good laugh at our horrendous luck.

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't buy skins because I don't like them that much. I find them distracting especially when most players are using the skins. I prefer the default looks because I'm more used to them and it helps me focus a little better, but I do understand the charm and I admit I have given in once or twice but in general I tend not to buy skins that much.

20. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have well over 100 skins over multiple accounts but surprisingly I have ever spent a dollar in the game. Most were gifts or from tournaments and I'm glad I didn't spent any money because some of my accounts with skins have been banned without any form of compensation.