DirectX Problem? Lighter/3D Images

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Nontouchable, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

Hey there,

I have been confronted with 2 issues:

1. When playing in 3D, very often I get some strange image-/texture-bugs. It's as if the game or the engine or the gpu didn't know which picture it's gotta show (left or right eye) so it constantly switches between them resulting in some kind of shakeing animation. However I found out that it somewhat has to do with the lightsources ingame, when it happens I can look to the side and the same thing(a chair for example) stops switching, but as soon as I get a light within the image it goes crazy again..

2. I have no flames whatsoever in the game, when I take out the lighter it just glows but no flame there.. same for the scene where you enter the theater, the flamethrowers just spit invisible fire.. This I could solve by changing the user.cfg r_api line to 0 but then I get this strange looks in 3D where the illuminated parts (lights, armor/metal, etc.) seem unsharp or so..

So this is a bit a choice between bad and worse.. Anyone knows a solution or has at least got the same issues?

My rig:

i7 3970X hexacore CPU, GeForce GTX 690 and 32GB RAM.
    OS is Windows 8 64bit
    Of course I have all the latest drivers.

I used the nvidia experience to get the optimal settings:

Resolution: 1920x1080
    Quality:very high
    SSAA: 2x
    Texture filtering: 16x
    Motion blur: normal
    Tesselation: very high
    Vsync: not checked
    Advanced PhysX: on

So long, thanks for any help on this one!

Greets,

Nontouchable

#1 Nontouchable, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Remer

Remer Active Member

I play in 3D as well and I'm getting the 2nd issue you have. It's like none of the particles show up, including fire, dust, rain, etc...

This game isn't 3D ready, the spider webs look fucked up when you shine a flashlight on them, the ambient occlusion and reflections look weird as shit... as much as I love metro and I love 4A, I wish they wouldn't have told us it was 3D ready.

Is your first issue anything like this? - http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Remer/

3. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

Funny thing is, even if I turn off the 3D it's still the same, no fire anywhere..
    And nope my first issue is not all over the screen and does not look like that, I will record a few example-seconds and post them here tonight!

thanks for the reply tho :)

4. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

Now here we go: while recording I noticed that when I turn off the 3D completely, meaning disabling it in the nvidia system-settings, all works normal, got flames and everything..
    but when I toggle it with the 3D vision button, flames are not present.

weeeeird

link: youtube.com/watch?v=-jfUh5s7XRk

5. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

I have finally solved it!! It was some kind of incompatibility between the nvdidia drivers and the creative recon 3D drivers. While clean-reinstalling both I saw that the nvidia brings a "HD-Sounddriver" which was obviously not needed.

So now I got the 3D with flames and no bugs so far!
    Now into the tunnels :p

6. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not really a PC gamer, apart from stalker, so i no hardly anything about the ins and outs of it all. however you could ask Komo, it's my belief that he is very knowledgeable on these sorts of issues