Quantcast

Diplomacy And Leader Relationships Made More Personal In Civ VI

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 14, 2016.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member Regular

2. YaBoyJoey

YaBoyJoey Member Regular

This mechanic would make diplomacy so much more fun. I feel like giving personalities to other leaders would make the game way more fun to play with AI. I love this idea.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Good thing they will add more to diplomacy. One thing the franchise lacked, was a complex diplomacy system.

4. roguefox

roguefox Member Regular

GOOD. Now you can actually feel the emotional and social effect of your actions rather than just "your scouts when into my land, I'm going to kill you" and then you go to war. The more like Game of Thrones the better.

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

That sounds awesome. Back in Civ 3, you can just bribe invaders, or ask for a ransom for countries you are about to invade. It was pretty monotonous, it's either you are with them or against them, and for a turn based game, it made it completely boring at times. Hopefully this time, those problems would be fixed and we can enjoy the game more.

6. YaBoyJoey

YaBoyJoey Member Regular

Yes! I love the emotional aspect that this would add to the game! It would also be pretty hilarious to have sassy AI to deal with. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I always wished they would add some sort of dynamic like this so I wouldn't feel sort of guilty for invading another civilization for zero reason whatsoever. I'm really looking forward to this game!

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Oh man, this should be a lot of fun when Civilization VI comes out! I always loved to ally with other countries and form an alliance, I wouldn't mind getting to be friends with another leader at all. :D

8. Sparks

Sparks Member Regular

This should be a nice change. As someone that's played Crusader Kings, I've always felt like the diplomacy in Civilization was a little bit too simplistic. I'd also agree that the AI players all seemed way too samey, so having some behavior variety will be a nice change from the usual.

9. Vladimir Logos

Vladimir Logos Member Regular

Would love to hear some more details about the new and improved system. Introducing variation and leader quirks is all fine and well, but it isn't really a major step forward. In order to improve the somewhat reduntant diplomacy function (you could win the game easily without having to interact with other factions), they will need to add new limits to military expansionism or serious handicaps for overaggression.

10. Sad Puppy

Sad Puppy Well-Known Member Regular

@ Vladimir Logos: I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it, however, diplomacy has never been a central feature fo Civilization, and you can't really expect it to change. Compared with the Crusader Kings, for instance, there is only one and the same leader for each nation who is never replaced throughout the whole game, and the number of factions is a fraction of what you get in CK or Europa Universalis (even when taking city-states into account).

11. EleGiggle

EleGiggle Active Member Regular

Definitely looking forward to this feature. I too think that diplomacy is going to be way more interesting in comparison to what it's like now.

12. AxelR

AxelR Member Regular

That's some great news. Adding new mechanics that actually mean anything to the gameplay like this may only make it more interesting. Civilization VI looks better and better with every news.

13. ladydaydream

ladydaydream Member Regular

Diplomacy and interactions between leaders were some of my favorite parts of Civ games, I'm really glad they're improving that aspect of interaction between civs. However, I wish there was more detail on this. Will there simply be more dialogue or trade agreement options? Only time will tell...I'm excited to hear this news, though!

14. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Cool, I'm glad to see they're doing something like this. The diplomacy mechanics in previous games always felt a bit weak to me, even when they updated them through expansions and what not. So I look forward to see the changes in action.

15. Calinpls

Calinpls Member Regular

There's always room for improvement in this regard. Something about Civ 5's way of trading with other leaderes always seemed a bit lacking, if not random. One random thing that I loved was the random personalities option though. I always freaked not to have a Gandhi wannabe in my neighbourhood during the Atomic Era, plus you never knew who liked what and what would get you in trouble. In some way, it kept me on my toes, and it helped spice things up. More refined personalities are great, but I sincerly hope they won't remove the random personalities option.

16. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

That's why civilizations is one of the best strategy games out there if not the best. I don't know of any other game that even comes close to it in this respect.

17. NormaD

NormaD Active Member Regular

I love the fact that there will now be more emotional interaction between the civs effects in the game. It will make diplomacy and interactions between the leaders more interesting and I can't wait till I can be a part of all that.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Looking back on everything I cannot even really say that I saw much of a difference here, but I guess maybe if I was looking for it more I would have spotted something.