Quantcast

Did you want a Tom Clancy game besides The Division?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 5, 2015.

1. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

I think this is enough for me!

2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

The problem with a new Splinter Cell is that Blacklist didn't sell that well at all. It came out in a bad period (during summer), so it's almost like Ubisoft sent it to die even though it was actually a good game. I'm hoping, like you, that they're thinking about a sequel but there are no evidence so far that they're making it, quite the opposite actually since they are busy with so many games already.

3. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Not really no. I wasn't exactly looking forward to a new Tom Clancy game in the first place (though Division did really impress me). As much as I love Splinter Cell, I don't think I would have wanted a new one. At this point I'd feel like as if they're just milking it out and I don't like that.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I don't think they're working on one either, but hopefully they realize that the game wasn't as well received because of the time period they released it on. I can never have too much Splinter Cell.

5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

This is the only one I was pretty excited about. I'm glad this is what they went with.

6. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

I'm perfectly fine with The Division. I haven't played a Tom Clancy game in years, since the Playstation era. Rainbow Six I think it was. This is the first time I've seen a game of this brand that really caught my attention. I think they have a unique game here that can really capitalize on the emerging TPS/RPG genre. I don't believe there are any other games in the genre other that Destiny and Global Agenda. Those are the only two I'm aware of, anyway. So I'm very glad they decided to make The Division.

7. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I think that at this point The Division is probably the best Tom Clancy game they could've announced. There are a lot of Tom Clancy franchises out there and a lot of people want sequels to those, but a new game can open new horizons and have people enjoy a Tom Clancy game without feeling the obligation to go back and play other games in the series. Besides, I think The Division is a completely different beast from other Tom Clancy games and I think that'll definitely give it a boost.

8. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

@d'arakh I agree 100%... Although getting more Splinter Cell would be awesome, I agree that branching out in the Tom Clancy universe is a good move. I hope The Division is successful enough that it spawns even more IPs out of the Clancyverse.