Did you play GW 1?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by lolwut, Jan 5, 2012.

?

Did you play GW?

1. Played GW

41 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. Didn't play GW

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. KKWND

KKWND Member

I played for quite a while but stopped literally right before they announced the 1st expansion. I have went back to play a little bit once the 2nd Expansion came out but it didn't appeal to me like before.

2. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

I unfortunately didn't play the original Guild Wars, due to a lack of time. Though, it's not too late to try it out I suppose.

3. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

After all this time of part 2 being out, GW1 still has a good number of players right now. Back when I was playing it, I was messing with it out of boredom. It just ended up turning into one of those games that were mainstay installs on my pc.

4. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

Does anyone play gw1 now, that 2 is in a lull and we don't know the release date of the expansion? I started it a year ago, beat Prophecies, started Factions and NF, but haven't finished them due to other games and RL issues. Now I decided to continue the character, but I find it really hard, even with a team of 7 heroes next to me. Is there any quick way of unlocking skills for heroes other than rolling alt characters of each class?

5. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I could play it at any time, anywhere. I even thought about re-downloading it just to see what it's like after all this time. I had a nearly max hall of monuments (working on the God walking amongst mere mortals track) and I enjoyed everything about it - the atmosphere, the fights, the skills builds and second classing mechanic. Even the music was otherworldly with Jeremy Soule at the head of it. I was relieved to hear a lot of music from GW1 I liked reused/redone for GW2, and Jeremy still did it.

How I unlocked skills is just to second class your main champion/hero with EVERY subclass and just go vendor to vendor buying skills/farming skill points. I did this while I went "Elite" Capping for the that title track, and just purchased all the skills I could find. It's not like money is hard to farm or get; or that the skill switching is even a pain - so it was very fun. Make one Char, run it through all expansions, and use that to get all skills you may want for Heroes.

I even forgot about the Hero system until now as well - a lot of the time, I'd just take one hench/hero with me and solo/duo farm builds the best I could (like Ecto UW farming).

6. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

I play GW1 and GW2. Although mostly concentrating on GW2 due to the release of HoT. Before HoT. I would flutter back and forth between GW1 and GW2. Depending on having to deal with drama or help my guild leader with stuff, lol.