Quantcast

Did you find out about this game from here?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah I'm seeing more and more articles about The Division pop up (both good and bad) so the hype is gaining traction. I think E3 was a huge boost for the general gamer population's knowledge that this game exists.

2. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member Regular

I found about it at E3 to be honest, lots of coverage of lots of games that I had no clue were coming out.

3. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I didn't watch the E3 itself, but it was mentioned in one of the articles that covered it. Tom Clancy's games that I've played were all awesome so I was curious and I looked it up on Google to read more info regarding the game. It sounded and looked really promising, so here I am haha.

4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I found out from Social Media, but saw most of the videos from here.

5. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

To be honest I thought the game was never going to be released and never checked back on it. Didn't hear much about it until last year when some guys did a YouTube game review. Back then it really didn't catch my attention until I saw the vibrant Division community here on MMORPG FORUMS. I still haven't decided if it will be a worthy game to buy or not however comments here seem to be mostly positive. I won't judge the game yet...

6. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

No, actually, but I was a huge part of the hype train back when the first trailers and gameplays were released. I still am hyped, I'm just not sure if they can still deliver.

7. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member Regular

I've heard about this game for a few years now since E3 2013 I believe? It was promised to be a true next generation experience and the gameplay they revealed looked absolutely amazing. I do feel as if they jumped the gun a little and showed the product too early as hype has died down slightly due to lack of news regarding the game.

8. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member Regular

Yes, this site was the first time I've ever heard of the Division and I play a lot of different types of video games. Honestly I'm surprised because I would usually know about a game like this :p

9. zombie23

zombie23 New Member

I knew that there was a new Tom Clancy game coming out sometime soon, but it wasn't until I was on here that the dots were connected for me. I normally really like the Tom Clancy games, so I probably won't buy this off the release, but I'll keep my eye on it after release, maybe Steam has a sale or something where I can pick it up.

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Ubisoft is pretty stingy with their products. I'd doubt they're going to discount this game soon after launch, unless it bombs but I don't think it will.

11. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

I actually first learned about this game from Steam, and was impressed with its design. It seems like it will end up being a nice blend of RPG and FPS. I just hope they can keep it balanced. I think if two groups of players encounter each other, and one has a stark difference in gear, the team with worse gear should still have a good shot at winning if they play well.

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with you. Since it looks like it's going to be a competitive open world shooter, everyone should have a chance at winning. Tactics and player skill should be the things that make you overcome difficulties in this game, at least against players.

13. Skyoctave

Skyoctave New Member

I believe a friend had told me about it but I'd not paid much attention the first time around. Then came E3 and that's when I really took an interest to the game. So yea I guess you could say it's the old word of mouth.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Nah. In fact, I don't think there's one soul here who didn't hear about the game before coming here. Given how much publicity the game got from both Ubisoft and fans/Reddit, I'm mostly thinking this will turn out as another Watch_Dogs: overhyped.

Hope I'm proven wrong. :)

15. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It depends on what you would call "soon". Unity came out a year ago and it's already at $20 for a new copy. Syndicate came out 2 months ago and there's already been a sale where you could have grabbed it for $49.79 USD (as opposed to the regular price of $59.99 USD)... They aren't stingy on their products at all, you just need to wait for a sale.

16. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I actually heard about this game from another forum. I hadn't even seen any trailers for it(and I usually keep up with gaming trailers) so I was surprised when I decided to look into it. I'm super glad I did, the game looks fantastic and I'm stoked for it now.